Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi there
    here's my first beta xara picture....the cow is a ligthwave object...the rest is homemade...did and rendered the terrain object ,sky in bryce and incorporated it into this make believe interface...all sliders, buttons ,text ,etc is beta-xara and i did not experience a single crash but on the very sensible advice of someone on this list i was saving every couple of minutes!(60mgs with bitmaps!)
    now a question...whats the use of "maintain screen antialiasing"on export i had to take it off as it was doing strange things to this picture ...i guess blurring to the point of erasing all the finer details...so i ticked it off and it does look sharper.
    xara indeed rules
    philippe[img]null[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doob3d(e).jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	17228  

hi there
    here's my first beta xara picture....the cow is a ligthwave object...the rest is homemade...did and rendered the terrain object ,sky in bryce and incorporated it into this make believe interface...all sliders, buttons ,text ,etc is beta-xara and i did not experience a single crash but on the very sensible advice of someone on this list i was saving every couple of minutes!(60mgs with bitmaps!)
    now a question...whats the use of "maintain screen antialiasing"on export i had to take it off as it was doing strange things to this picture ...i guess blurring to the point of erasing all the finer details...so i ticked it off and it does look sharper.
    xara indeed rules
    philippe[img]null[/img]

The only remark I can do is about text which may be a little bit more strong in color.
    In fact I also work with Lightwave and actually I find its .png files with alpha channels work very well with Xara X !!!

Regards,

ivan

salut yvan
    thanks for the feedback...i dont actually have ligthwave (way too expansive for me!)but it's humble sibling inspire3d which has inhirited most of it's big brother modeling functions save the numerics...i used a big canvas to draw this interface so shrinking the size at export made the text in some parts real foggy like
    .i guess while making it i was inspired by the dullness of a ligthwave interface and to spice it up a bit i added some elements a la "kai"but at the end of the day i had fun with xara!
    take care and thanks for all the good tips that you post here and there.
    philippe