Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Gary,
    Whats the URL for the site?

Maybe your dealing with a child or an adult with a childs mentality.

Hi Mike--

I dobn't know who the party was who asked for my time and skill. The a..hole never wrote back. And the real shame is that I have that image out in the open, when I would have kept it for my T-shirt and mug store on my website.

Ya live and learn, right?
    If you don't one only becomes embittered.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wound-up2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	8741  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

...ya well, i'm not-so-happy to say that i belong to this probably-not-so-elite club also folks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Only difference is... i created AN ENTIRE WEBSITE for my "Dear John", including tons of graphics AND photo enhancements for an onLine gallery - estimated lo$$: $1500+. I took him at his word... my bad... but i've never let THAT happen again to this day.
    We had become 'sort of' friends, through contact by way of my Photoshop site. Thought i could trust 'em, and all his sob stories... it was a site for his outdoor tour guide business... my bad... ain't gonna happen again.

I don't know if his site is still up or not. Don't really care though... it's been around 3-4 years now i think. Oh well... live'n'learn... then scare... then remember that, and carry on.

That sucks Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Its just a pity that you couldnt make his site crash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Being html illiterate would it be possible to put a line of code or something in the overall coding of a site that would if pulled or tweaked or something screw up the site if the owner was being a jerk?

Stu.

What is worse: being cheated ten times, or one time refusing help to someone who really merits and needs it?

If your heart closes, or becomes embittered, then the world (you) is definitively lost.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

...but it's not about "how many" times one has been cheated. One time is one time too many, if you ask me.
    And actually... it's not really even about being "cheated". That's the wrong term here. A more explainative expression would be "taken advantage of". Because that better implies one not 'expecting' it to happen.

I myself also like to think of this specific thread as a form of empowerment, to thoughs of us "working in the field". Empowerment in the sense that just knowing we're not alone in the situation, helps strengthen, or rather re-strengthen our trust in what we're doing, and for whom we're doing it.

I don't hate the guy that 'screwed' me... i just feel betrayed by someone i thought was a friend. And that hurts more than being cheated by a client ever could.

That's MY story... and i'm sticking to it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Know what i mean? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

...the wisest route to never getting cheated again by someone who commissions work and then ducks out?

***ONLY*** take on clients that live close enough to you, to get in your car and punch their lights out.

I'm kidding, okay? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Of course you're right, both of you.

I know how it feels (most of us do: that makes us human), just wanted to say that bitterness never helped anyone and that it makes you sick as it is a mental or emotional form of cancer.

It's just that I myself tend to become too suspicious when it's not necessary and as naive as before when I should be on my guard...

Sometimes it helps to make things clear from the start and talk things out, leave nothing unsaid.

Bah, I hate business.

Apologies: didn't want to put salt in the wounds.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

A few years back I did a logo for a bicycle ride for a charity. I didn't charge much at all but asked for one copy of everything that came out in print.

I recieved the money, a t-shirt, the brochure and 3 tear sheets from mags on newsprint. what I never recieved though, was the FULL COLOR POSTER I saw hanging in the bike shop windows. GGGRRRRRRR

This year their logo has the bike riders pulled directly out of my design!

I felt like telling them that besides the poster from 1999, they also owed me all the printed things from this year!

I decided that it wasn't worth my getting upset over, but from now on I will never work without a signed work agreement, stating everything, including perks, with the comps signed too.

I have also decided that it's not worth the stress to work for impossible people. I've decided to have faith in my ability to be successful and tell the impossibles to take a hike.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citimoon.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	9984