Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all , here is my latest work in Bryce 5.
    I don't do any modeling. I got the fighter model at Renderosity.com. There are a lot of great free models there. But I did the background and put it all together in Bryce.
    Star Fighters , keeping your Universe Safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starshippost.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	817  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Cool fighter squad you have here. Modelling isn't everything. There's materials, lighting, composition and animation, each of which could be just as demanding. I'm sure you'll get around to modelling sooner or later. Renderosity. I signed up there, still a lurker, though. Gotta check out those free models. Thanks for the tip.

Oooo love this one Bruce! Great action scene and I love the sky atmosphere -- looks very much like transition into deep space and nebulosity! Nice work!

I have found Renderosity to have a lot of valuable tutes for all sorts of 3d apps and forums also, pretty interesting over there!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Very nice, Bruce. The composition is very good. Are the planets 3D or 2D? Great depth in this image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello Grafix man, Maya & Soquili
    thank you for taking a look.
    I found so many nice models for Bryce at Renderostiy, I wondered why I bought all the stuff from Daz. But that is different because with the Daz stuff I can pose it and move it and kind of do some of my own modeling.
    Soquili the planets are 3d done in Bryce, all was done in Bryce 5 except for the modeling of the ships. I got the obj files from renderosity and then imported them into Bryce and positioned them as I wanted.
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Nice Bruce, cool looking space scene.

Thankx to all here for your support. This image also made it into the Bryce galleries at the Daz web site for the May 2005 gallery. I was surprised, it made it. It's very nice to have the fellow 3d artists here for support and inspiration. I have been doing some posts at the DAZ Bryce forums but it feels a lot more like family over here.
    http://www.daz3d.com/galleries/index.php?id=8731
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

"modeling isn't everything"

well, someone is modeling these models which are used to generate these scenes...

This said, I really agree that there is some very good depth to this scene... Nice work on that Bruce

If you looked at job openings, they also hire concept designers, texturing artists, animators and coders. 3D is a big field, so if you can't do very well in one aspect, there are other areas you can specialize in. Of course, it would be great if you could do well in every aspect .