Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man

I havn't had time at all to do any pleasure xara art. W/ creating a company logo, working, doing a play, nooo 'free time'! But, I made this w/in the past 3 days tweaking it every now & then.
    This was done w/out a reference of any kind for another experiment just to see how much I'm growing and express new stuff I've learned. Please tell me what u think, criticism is always welcome. I'll c-ya

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	5872  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I havn't had time at all to do any pleasure xara art. W/ creating a company logo, working, doing a play, nooo 'free time'! But, I made this w/in the past 3 days tweaking it every now & then.
    This was done w/out a reference of any kind for another experiment just to see how much I'm growing and express new stuff I've learned. Please tell me what u think, criticism is always welcome. I'll c-ya

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

There is nothing to criticise. A great rendition.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I like it Steve.
    Something about the eyes though they seem to stand out a little too much. Maybe it is just because I can't see the whole head and the way it fades into black. The text and lighting looks great!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Your image does justice to the mystery of Spiderman. And your use of colour is right on the money.

I do have a couple of suggestions, however. One is that there is no evidence of Spiderman's nose in your image, and his face seems just generally a bit too flat and featureless. Also, the glow around his eyes doesn't seem quite right, somehow.

Great work, though; I sometimes wish I could do such superb artwork (though I am content that my "artwork" lies in my helping profession). I totally understand about how busy-ness leaves little time for pleasurable Xara activity. I am having to scramble just to get something together to submit to Gary for his logo-art feature at the XaraXone. So I thank you for sharing what you can with us.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

I may call you dude, mayn't I? :-)

You have really created a moody and sinister image here, Steve.

No complaints or suggestions from me.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I don't see it as an attempt to represent a face.
    Its more symbolic of Spiderman than representational.

Very well done, Steve! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Wow Steve! That's fantastic - I really like the moody lighting. Very nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Hey Steve, glad you could drop in!!! Busy, busy, busy, I see!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice image, but the eyes are a bit too big! The rest of it is spot on!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As always you produce stunning images and this is another example of fine work from your "house of ideas"!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Later........

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Splendid Spidey, young man! Though I personally would have preferred less bulgy eyes perhaps, but then I grew up on the old Steve Ditko-John Romita drawn comics, where Spidey's eyes were quite flat. I guess the modern look is actually more like a real spider - but still, Spider-Man is a fully normal-looking human, and so does not need bulgy eyeglasses in his suit.

Real criticism: the hyphen is given way too much prominent space, drawing unneeded attention to itself - you should bring the two words much closer.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")