Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My C: drive had to be reformatted.
    I loaded my original CorelXara from disk. now I get "unable to find any qualifying products" when I attempt to access my saved Xara files.
    Some time ago, I upgraded the original 1.1, but Corel and Xara say they have no record.
    I'm now trying to download the 1.2 upgrade, but I can't get it to effect my 1.1 copy.
    I am currently operating on the trial version of Xara 2.
    Must I buy a new version; or is there some way I can get back my old version (for which I've already paid)?
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Bev
    www.llewellynsecurity.
    IP

My C: drive had to be reformatted.
    I loaded my original CorelXara from disk. now I get "unable to find any qualifying products" when I attempt to access my saved Xara files.
    Some time ago, I upgraded the original 1.1, but Corel and Xara say they have no record.
    I'm now trying to download the 1.2 upgrade, but I can't get it to effect my 1.1 copy.
    I am currently operating on the trial version of Xara 2.
    Must I buy a new version; or is there some way I can get back my old version (for which I've already paid)?
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Bev
    www.llewellynsecurity.
    IP

Bev

You've got a bit of a problem if Corel & Xara won't play ball. Is there any possibility of digging out a bank or credit card statement to prove your point? Is it just support you want from them or a new version?

The error message "unable to find any qualifying products" doesn't seem like something Xara would say if it didn't recognise a file - more like what the upgrade might say. If 1.1 is working correctly, I'd expect it to say something like "Non-essential data has been found that is not recognised...", as version 2 says when it encounters X files. Can you create, save and re-load new v1.1 files?

If the worst comes to the worst, you should at least be able to upgrade to X at a discount.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP