Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Gary,

I saw that your book is no longer available at Amazon's. Can I still order it somewhere else, and can you tell me if it is any usefull for learning xara / drawing/designing on the computer?

Regards,
    Frits

Gary,

I saw that your book is no longer available at Amazon's. Can I still order it somewhere else, and can you tell me if it is any usefull for learning xara / drawing/designing on the computer?

Regards,
    Frits

Hello Frits

Sadly, Looking Good in Color, what I humbly consider to be my greatest achievement, is as scarce as hens teeth. The publisher remaindered the remaining copies several years ago and since then the book has fallen off the face of the earth.

It was more about color and graphic design, however, and would not offer much in terms of learning Xara.

There are four year's worth of Xara Tutorials in the The Trompe L'Oeil Room

In addition, there is a lot of useful information in the WebXealot, the monthly Xara Web-newsletter that is available for free in the Insider Area for anyone who has purchased Xara from i-us.com.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Well, couldn't you (or better yet, your legal-eagle wife!) get the rights mess sorted out, so you could publish your greatest achievement as a PDF book? Sell digital copies? If Steven King can do it, why not you?

Klaus
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

That one was no slacker either! It was geared toward Draw but there are still a lot of points to pick up for Xara

Is it still available?

Dennis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco/>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

Also known as the Grumnpy Old Men's Corel Book.

Another worst seller!

That's why I'm not keen to do another book. It is the maximum amount of work for the minimum amount of return. And if the book is not an instant success, the publisher drops it like a hot potato and moves on to the next test balloon.

On the other hand, Huss and I square off next week at the CorelWorld Conference in San Diego and go mano a mano in the DRAW vs PAINT session. Should be fun, and I feel confident I can whup his butt.

As for the rights to Looking Good in Color, Klaus, I got them. I just don't have the time or energy to rebuild the book in PDF format. Plus, I can never just repurpose something. Every time I have tried, I look at it and ask, why did I do it like that? What could I have been thinking? And then I do it over from scratch.

Articles and web content are more immediate and for me, more fullfilling.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...