Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Those of you who have tried the DjVu thread have already seen this image. I thought I'd post it here as a jpg for the possible amusement of those not inclined to download the DjVu browser plugin. The image features my three-year old (Scotty) peeing into the Gulf of Mexico. (Don't be grossed out - even dolphins pee). We have the photo it was based on hanging in our dining room - and we aren't grossed out!

The illustration made use of my tablet. The water is three layered fractal fills. I'm pleased with the wave-like effect.

Anyways, I hope you find it cute.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 13, 2001 at 08:28 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scotty.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	2951  

Those of you who have tried the DjVu thread have already seen this image. I thought I'd post it here as a jpg for the possible amusement of those not inclined to download the DjVu browser plugin. The image features my three-year old (Scotty) peeing into the Gulf of Mexico. (Don't be grossed out - even dolphins pee). We have the photo it was based on hanging in our dining room - and we aren't grossed out!

The illustration made use of my tablet. The water is three layered fractal fills. I'm pleased with the wave-like effect.

Anyways, I hope you find it cute.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 13, 2001 at 08:28 AM.]

Still trying to convince myself to donwload another plug-in...

The drawing is great though!

I have a picture of myselt doing the same thing between to campers (the vehicle not people) on Swedish mid-summer...

... wonder why that wasn't considered cute...

Risto

This is not only a great plugin, but it has some incredible possibilities.

a TIFF of 300Kb can be sent by mail as a 10Kb file without loss of quality.

images on the web can be fast loading AND zoomed, AND the colour can be adapted...

etc

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ross,

because I've set up our proxy / firewall to check against a list of 'unwanted' words (sex, nudity and worse...), it does not display any page containing these words, so I couldn't view your post.

Though it is a very nice feature, I regret is this time...btw, I set it up so that all banners, ads, promos etc are not displayed on any of our machines in the subnet. Result: faster page loading and no annoying banners, superfluous 'animations' etc. I even killed the XARA banners from Talkgraphics and ZYmodules.com.

BTW, if anybody is interested in setting up a proxy on his private or biz LAN, check this one - it's free:

http://www.sambar.com

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Ross,

wow, great us of the tablet - I love it. Especially the non-gel look. :-) And the fractal fills have a nice effect as well.

However, I will show you what happened to the image Erik posted...see below. My proxy / firewall server set up does a real good job. I wonder what keyword Erik used for his image....or maybe it's on a server that we have banned? (the link already triggers the ban...)

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Ross & Erik,

sorry for the error. Here is the screenshot, but it doesn't have to do anything with Eriks post - the blocking started because of the banned words in my very own message :-((

Anyway, I really can recommend the sambar server as a firewall for LAN setups.

jens
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Jens - What screenshot? Was it blocked too? Is the purpose of your blocking to protect your sensitive eyes or does it have some professional purpose? Just curious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] - Could the proxy be set up to block every site except the really good "bad" ones? (A NetMistress vs. a NetNanny).

Regards, Ross

Ross,

oh yes, you can configure the Sambar Server as ** YOU ** want, that means block the usual boring sites and display the hard ones only :-)

Seems I've overdone it - just set up the new version a few days ago.

The screenshot did not upload - I don't know the reason... I named the image 'sambarfilter.jpg' - maybe my keyword list contains the word 'filter' as well :-))

But to be honest: filtering all banners and banner servers saves a lot of loading time even on fast connections. Among others you can even add ad servers like doubleclick, adclick, akamai.net etc to get rid of flickering animated gifs which only distract you while being on a research trip through the net. Another nice feature is to block subdirectories of servers, i.e. */event* will block all most of the advertising on cnn servers etc.

I wouldn't mind those 'bad' banners, but if you are sitting with a customer browsing the web to check sample sites and stumble about those hard core stuff is somewhat disgusting.

Have a great Easter Weekend!

jens
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

the good, the bad, and the ugly

for a fistful of dollars, and for a few dollars more

now where did I know that from?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

by the way: Irfanview can handle djvu files, Opera can't. I won't write what I think about this prudish virgin browser because Jay's system might have a heart attack...