Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hi
    I'm starting a web design company with my a programmer friend (sql, php, etc.) and I'm responsible for the graphics. I may go with this one but like anything its good to have some opinions.
    The site will be called Chasdesigns.
    BTW, we will go 50-50 for projects, the guy I'm hooked up with extraordinary. (IBM Scientific Research Design Engineer)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chasdesign.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	2056  
    Just messing around.

In the hope of redeeming myself for being critical I offer a quickly designed alternative, hopefully showing some perspective.
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	15851  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Call me obsessed. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
    Here's another idea:
    http://www.ambigram.matic.com/ambigram.htm
    Input your text on the boxes at the top part of the page. You can turn ambigrams upside down and still be able to read it. Cool, huh?
    I'm not trying to bomb your thread. I believe what everyone here is saying is that with the wealth of resources available, you could do better. You owe it to yourself to check out the options and possibilities.

Name:	chasambigram.gif 
Views:	241 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	19215  

I expanded on the paint brush theme. Rendered in PS.

Name:	Chasdesign3.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	11318  
    Just messing around.

I get the point, too busy.
    The thing, is a stylized brush, the striped part was done at random but kinda looks like the continental US in a way. (unintentional)
    Like most of the stuff I do I have no preconceived plan, just start and let a concept evolve. Generally I wouldn't post anything but I felt I could use some feedback, I guess I was right.
    I'm not sure how it would look on the web page but I know I would never use it for business cards.
    I wish I could draw like you guys who use Xara, I have played with it but with little success.
    Just messing around.

Hi
    I'm starting a web design company with my a programmer friend (sql, php, etc.) and I'm responsible for the graphics. I may go with this one but like anything its good to have some opinions.
    The site will be called Chasdesigns.
    BTW, we will go 50-50 for projects, the guy I'm hooked up with extraordinary. (IBM Scientific Research Design Engineer)
    Just messing around.

Hi rhilker

To be brutaly honest this just doesn't work for me. The perspective is all wrong. 'Studio' suggests the vanishing point is way down South (or at least on the 'Studio' base line), but this is not reflected in the text above 'Chasdesign' where the vanishing point is on it's base line (if at all).

The paintbrush doesn't blend into the text either.

I don't intend to be hyper critical, but you have asked for opinions.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I like the lettering...but...not really sure about that thing on the left side of the word studios.

I agree with John. Also, mixing aliased and anti-aliased graphics looks odd to me.

Thanks, I'll plug away at it.
    One thing I have noticed about xara is that it takes alot more steps to do anything as compared to PS or flash. I read a tutorial on how to do buttons and thought jeese, by time I did one button in this I could write java for the whole site but then thats too slow so stick to flash. Same thing with PS, the filters do most of the work, basically I'm lazy I guess. But when I see some of the work on the Xara gallery here I'm just blown away.
    Just messing around.