Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

After a lot of practice I managed to learn how to use Dreamweaver and now the next step that I want to take is learning Fireworks. But I'm a little confused with Fireworks. What is the whole purpose of Fireworks? It's clear to me that I can make a design and export it to Dreamweaver.
    But I get the impression that it stops after that action. Because how can I ever modify a design, made in Fireworks that was exported to Dreamweaver? There is no import option and I can imagine that after I make some modifictions to the design in Dreamweaver, that there is NO way back to Fireworks. Does this mean that Fireworks is an only "design once" program, a one-direction (Dreamweaver) way of designing? I don't get it. Can somebody explain how Fireworks/Dreamweaver really work together?

After a lot of practice I managed to learn how to use Dreamweaver and now the next step that I want to take is learning Fireworks. But I'm a little confused with Fireworks. What is the whole purpose of Fireworks? It's clear to me that I can make a design and export it to Dreamweaver.
    But I get the impression that it stops after that action. Because how can I ever modify a design, made in Fireworks that was exported to Dreamweaver? There is no import option and I can imagine that after I make some modifictions to the design in Dreamweaver, that there is NO way back to Fireworks. Does this mean that Fireworks is an only "design once" program, a one-direction (Dreamweaver) way of designing? I don't get it. Can somebody explain how Fireworks/Dreamweaver really work together?

you don't seem to be much help when others are in need [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

...I guess that makes two guys who don't know the answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

but I think those were kind words, and I appreciate it. But yes, I have no clue! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

just read your post to my thread...
    Sorry for assuming [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Go to Preferences/External Editors and add Fireworks as your primary bitmap editor (.gif .jpg .png). When you select the image in DW and click "edit" in the image properties box Fireworks will open and you can work on the image.

Roger

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]