Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Info docker

Is there any way to check the changes in the amount of each color in the docker without leaving the tone curve first & then having to go back if it's not correct and is there any way to set a specific value for what you want in the highlights and shadow areas. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Cheryl
    IP

Is there any way to check the changes in the amount of each color in the docker without leaving the tone curve first & then having to go back if it's not correct and is there any way to set a specific value for what you want in the highlights and shadow areas. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Cheryl
    IP

You have to pass mouse pointer over the image, and read the Info Docker.

Regards
    IP

Thank you Michael. I have read your tutorials on Lab color & artifacts and they have been very helpful to me. I'm reading Dan Margulis book Professional Photoshop 5 and I think that I may have misunderstood what he was doing in the book. I think that using the linear curve style I can get the adjustments ( I hope ) in just the areas I want. I'm using Photo-Paint 10.

May the Lord bless you in all that you do.

Cheryl
    IP

Dan book is excellent, his intensive course is better.

Sometimes lineal curve fix the image, specially when you are looking for contrast. In Lab Mode specially. Frequently, you need to move the curve and creates a "S" shape curve or something more complex. Sometimes you need to mix channels, etc.

Keep reading Margulis' book. He is my maestro.

I will be publishing a Draw/Paint practical interactive CD book next September. It let read and practice in the applications at the same time.

Thanks and best regards
    IP