Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I use FrontPage at home and log into the servers at work via a VPN. This means that it is live. How do I overcome the error that WebStyle wont let me in while I'm live? I have created a folder on my PC at home, created the nav bars and then copied it to the server at work via the VPN. This is nice but I cant do any linking as the whole web site is on the school servers at work. Is there a way around this problem?

I use FrontPage at home and log into the servers at work via a VPN. This means that it is live. How do I overcome the error that WebStyle wont let me in while I'm live? I have created a folder on my PC at home, created the nav bars and then copied it to the server at work via the VPN. This is nice but I cant do any linking as the whole web site is on the school servers at work. Is there a way around this problem?

Having connected to your school server, go to the local path of your school web site as apposed to attemping to publish the menus directly to the published site.

For example, i create a site and store this in a folder named test. I then go to my control panel and select Internet Service Manager and select to create a new virtual directory under the new websites option. I provide the virtual directory an alais and then point it to c:\test. This allows me to view the web pages by opening a web browser and going to http://localhost/Alais/pagename.extension

When i create new web pages, i insert them in the c:\test folder and the changes can be viewed at the published address.

I havent used FrontPage but i presume it allows you to publish chnages to your web page directly to your live server. Having completed this, i would add the files exported by Webstyle to the c:\test directory

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NthCoast:
    I use FrontPage at home and log into the servers at work via a VPN. This means that it is live. How do I overcome the error that WebStyle wont let me in while I'm live? I have created a folder on my PC at home, created the nav bars and then copied it to the server at work via the VPN. This is nice but I cant do any linking as the whole web site is on the school servers at work. Is there a way around this problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>