Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was curious to find out if there is a way to set totalBytes to a certain frame. For instance, if my preloader is "Scene 1" and the actual movie is "Scene 2" and there is a frame labeled "half" in Scene 2. Is there a way to make totalBytes only tell how many bytes there are up to frame "half"? Otherwise, it counts the bytes for the entire movie.

Thanks in advance,

Stinger
    IP

I was curious to find out if there is a way to set totalBytes to a certain frame. For instance, if my preloader is "Scene 1" and the actual movie is "Scene 2" and there is a frame labeled "half" in Scene 2. Is there a way to make totalBytes only tell how many bytes there are up to frame "half"? Otherwise, it counts the bytes for the entire movie.

Thanks in advance,

Stinger
    IP

as far as i know, the answer is no...but you can always create a frame action which puts the totalbytes at that point into a text box - that way you can test to see what the totalbytes of the movie are and then subtract the totalbytes up to that point. it's not guaranteed to work, though, since there are some interesting issues with the way flash stores its information. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Thanks Deep. I might give that method a try.
    IP