Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

about PhotoPaint 10.....it sucks!! To many bugs. FYI: Draw/PhotoPaint 10 is patched as much as it can be, doesn't seem to help with any of the following problems!!

I sent a posting over into the PhotoPaint10 newsgroup asking for help on saving files. It seems that not only does PP10 freeze, crash, use WAY too much RAM, it also loves to NOT WANT to save changes to existing files so as a result I have to save it too a NEW file. Stupid.

Here is the posting......

For kicks and grins I reloaded PP8 and had to re-save the "wings" file and the "body" file (Of the "Mom's Angel" project) into PP7/8 compatible .cpt formats and then the fun began. I opened the file (this is from previous posts) and moved the mouse around, the CPUsage did not suffer one iota (RAM drops rapidly in PP10), did some noise on the whole image, did not freeze the program (PP10 freezes up sometimes), undid the noise then used the magic wand to select parts of the image to apply noise, no CPUsage problems (Again RAM dropage problems in PP10), then began to work on making some changes, kept checking the RAM, nada problems. Then the real test was to see what would happen if I tried to save it, now the file is buried even deeper ; ) in another folder designated for PP8 files for this project. No problems saving changes what so ever. (The file path, according to a couple of members of the Corel PP10 newsgroup, is too long and thus confused PP10. Supid!! Did not "confuse" PP8 and saved the changes NO PROBLEM!!)

PP10 is one buggy mess!! While there are some improvements and new fancy shmansy things added on, it is a hog like no other Corel program I run, including WordPerfect Office 2000, it freezes, crashes, hogs RAM like crazy and for all the extras is not worth the money I spent on it.

I appreciate all the help that everyone has offered up for the last few posts but it's a simple case of "does this program deserve disk space or not" NOT!!!

I wish I could trade in 8 and 10 for version 9. I hear it's even better than 8. The one thing I miss from 10 (about the only things) are the undo-redo docker and the Effects/Noise option for selecting colors for the noise. The Noise only has a mixed color and a black and white noise. But that's about it!!! Sorry to say.

Anyone suggest a free plugin that would give me that kind of control over the noise in 8??

To add to the previous posting I also checked on E-Bay for a Corel Draw/PhotoPaint 9 and while there was quite a few for sale none come with a manual and many are just a single disk. So if anyone knows of a full version (all 3 disks) with or without a manual that is for under $50.00 or not much more than $50.00 please link me up. I really appreciate it.

Comments and what not are appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

about PhotoPaint 10.....it sucks!! To many bugs. FYI: Draw/PhotoPaint 10 is patched as much as it can be, doesn't seem to help with any of the following problems!!

I sent a posting over into the PhotoPaint10 newsgroup asking for help on saving files. It seems that not only does PP10 freeze, crash, use WAY too much RAM, it also loves to NOT WANT to save changes to existing files so as a result I have to save it too a NEW file. Stupid.

Here is the posting......

For kicks and grins I reloaded PP8 and had to re-save the "wings" file and the "body" file (Of the "Mom's Angel" project) into PP7/8 compatible .cpt formats and then the fun began. I opened the file (this is from previous posts) and moved the mouse around, the CPUsage did not suffer one iota (RAM drops rapidly in PP10), did some noise on the whole image, did not freeze the program (PP10 freezes up sometimes), undid the noise then used the magic wand to select parts of the image to apply noise, no CPUsage problems (Again RAM dropage problems in PP10), then began to work on making some changes, kept checking the RAM, nada problems. Then the real test was to see what would happen if I tried to save it, now the file is buried even deeper ; ) in another folder designated for PP8 files for this project. No problems saving changes what so ever. (The file path, according to a couple of members of the Corel PP10 newsgroup, is too long and thus confused PP10. Supid!! Did not "confuse" PP8 and saved the changes NO PROBLEM!!)

PP10 is one buggy mess!! While there are some improvements and new fancy shmansy things added on, it is a hog like no other Corel program I run, including WordPerfect Office 2000, it freezes, crashes, hogs RAM like crazy and for all the extras is not worth the money I spent on it.

I appreciate all the help that everyone has offered up for the last few posts but it's a simple case of "does this program deserve disk space or not" NOT!!!

I wish I could trade in 8 and 10 for version 9. I hear it's even better than 8. The one thing I miss from 10 (about the only things) are the undo-redo docker and the Effects/Noise option for selecting colors for the noise. The Noise only has a mixed color and a black and white noise. But that's about it!!! Sorry to say.

Anyone suggest a free plugin that would give me that kind of control over the noise in 8??

To add to the previous posting I also checked on E-Bay for a Corel Draw/PhotoPaint 9 and while there was quite a few for sale none come with a manual and many are just a single disk. So if anyone knows of a full version (all 3 disks) with or without a manual that is for under $50.00 or not much more than $50.00 please link me up. I really appreciate it.

Comments and what not are appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Hi RAMwolff,

I'm using version 9 but still have 10 on my machine. I installed it into a different directory and it doesn't seem to interfere with 9.
    I got to the point your at a while back. It's one piece of buggy software!

I can use all the extra tiles etc off my v.10 cds in v.9. I don't know for sure but I don't think they have changed their clipart in any of the later versions so you wouldn't be losing out there ( if you do opt for the 1 cd). I haven't seen anything but the single cds for sale at Pricewatch. They also are $36.00.

I wish you good luck in finding 9 and will post if I see deal.

Cheryl
    IP

Thanks so much Cheryl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I may just give in to the 1 CD offering, I want 9 bad enough....so I don't know. Didn't owe any taxes this year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] That made my day............Yea, maybe I will. I will for sure post if I do get it........you KNOW I will [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP