Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favour

Hi,

I am currently trying (really trying) to design a logo for something related to work (I work for the NHS) - I can't say exactly what it is for confidentiality reasons, but what is required is an image that look something like the top of a pie, out of which a slice can be taken (so the pie becomes a clock-face and from 12-1 is taken out and highlighted, like in a piechart). I am not all that experienced, and am learning the tricks of the trade still - I have fought with this for some time, but everything that I come up with looks pants.

Please please please, if anyone can offer any tips, or even draw something for me (I figure this would be the sort of thing that would take some of you five minutes), I would be eternally grateful. I can't offer any kind of 'reward' as such, except for a lovely feeling of self-worth, of course, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it makes any difference, this logo os nopt for commercial use - it is for use within the provate sector (in hospitals), and won't be used for selling products or making money.

Thanks, in advance.

Tobyboy.

Hi,

I am currently trying (really trying) to design a logo for something related to work (I work for the NHS) - I can't say exactly what it is for confidentiality reasons, but what is required is an image that look something like the top of a pie, out of which a slice can be taken (so the pie becomes a clock-face and from 12-1 is taken out and highlighted, like in a piechart). I am not all that experienced, and am learning the tricks of the trade still - I have fought with this for some time, but everything that I come up with looks pants.

Please please please, if anyone can offer any tips, or even draw something for me (I figure this would be the sort of thing that would take some of you five minutes), I would be eternally grateful. I can't offer any kind of 'reward' as such, except for a lovely feeling of self-worth, of course, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it makes any difference, this logo os nopt for commercial use - it is for use within the provate sector (in hospitals), and won't be used for selling products or making money.

Thanks, in advance.

Tobyboy.

As I understand something like this ???

Xander
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nhslg.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	20246  

Xander,

Thanks.

Yeah, but it actually needs to look like a pie made of pastry (should've mentioned that before - sorry)... I have tried creating a cirlce and placing cresent-shapes around the perimeter to try and get that "finger-finish" going on, but I just can't get it to look anything near convincing.

If I could post an image up here, I would, but I'm at work and so can't - will have a fiddle though and see what I can do - showing you will be better than explaining)

Thanks again,

Tobyboy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How about something like this? I threw it together in a few mins this morning. Basically I grabbed a pie picture off the internet, then cut it up. This is just a rough version, if I spent more time on it, it would look better (I think, heh).

Name:	apple.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8909  

Here is my version. Just as fscnitro says, more time would yeild better results. Are we getting close yet?

dafipp
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Name:	pie.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	17983  

A (very solid) pie.

Lottie

Name:	Pie.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	16207  

Nice Pies!
    You people are making me hungry! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

"A hippo does not have a sting in its tail, but a wise man would still rather be sat on by a bee."
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thanks for all you help on this, guys - much appreciated. Lottie's beast of a pie is the kind of thing I'm looking for, but in 2D, so we can just see the top of the pie.

If anybody is willing to let me get my hands on the original .xar copy, that would be fantastic, so that I can take apart and learn from how you've done it...

It's going to be used as a sort of 'crest' - kind of like Michelin stars and that kind of thing... if that changes anyone's ideas....

Grovel, grovel, cringe, bow, stoop, crawl...

Tobyoby.

One (hopefully) attached .xar

Lottie
    Attached Files Attached Files