Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's a smaller version of a pic I just finished in PI6 of a castle on a rocky shore with a ship (I think this is my ideal home ... away from all traffic and bothersome noises such as car stereos and motorcycles ... ).

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/pho...stle_small.jpg

I plan to use PI's slicer to slice up the 800x600 full version into png files and jpgs. The png ones will be for little sections which I'll alter in PI to make frames for animated gifs( like the top of the mast area I'll put a moving flag). Then insert the gifs in those table cells and make an animated scene like I had before with my country farm scene. I'd like to make a series of connected scenes where you have choices to go to the next location. So on this one perhaps the front door could be picked or the wharf and the next scene will be like you were at that location. It would be neat to get inside the castle and make a dark interior lit by candles and fireplace (all flames animated gifs) and a suit of armor and things like that ... It would be a lot of work but each one would be separate and just uploaded and linked to when done. Who knows I might get many scenes done or lose interest and leave it as this ;-) .....I'll post the finished web page here when this scene is a working webpage.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com
    IP

David, what a great image. I don't think we can ever exhaust it's capabilities...
    IP

It reminds me of something out of the Arthurian legend, really moody and well done. I'd be interested in seeing this when all the animations are in place.

The glowing windows sound very cool. I recently made castle objects. Behind the window openings I put rectangular panels with Magic Light effects. I think it would be fun to vary the strength of the light effects in an animation, to make the windows flicker. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP

First thing I thought of when I saw this picture was Tintagel...it just looks like I have always imagined it.
    And using it for a site map is a fantastic idea! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Thanks .... it's not really for a site map ... but just one of many (hopefully) interlinked visual pages with some sort of expanding story ... and branches to go to other areas entirely. So perhaps on this one, you have the option of clicking to go inside the castle or on the ship and the following pages would be different depending on where you go :-) ........anyway , I don't know how much I'll do but I'll work on it page by page.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com
    IP

David, that's a great scene...I'm just glad I'm not on that lil boat in that rough sea...I'd be sicker than a dog LOL.

Nice rocks!!

Skippy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

This is absolutely the best thing I have seen done in PI for ages, and the sort of thing I most want to do, thankyou for sharing, I have been to your site also, and just love it.

I am new to this BB, so I hope I have this posting thing worked out.

Lil Kiwi
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

Here's a castle I did in PI some time ago, using Flaming Pear's Flood filter. It's still one of my favorite images. http://www.ladyyyb.net/images/castlem2.jpg
    IP

Nice worx here folks... Dave, you the Paint man...

I really have to chuckle at the kiwi threading...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Nice castle Brenda ... nice neon glow to it and the reflections in the water are great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP