Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3D Animation

Hi there,

I'm a bit new to this topic and have been asked to create an animated avi from some bmp's that I have been given. Could anyone tell me what the best programme to use for this is? Thanks muchly in advance,

Helen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Hi there,

I'm a bit new to this topic and have been asked to create an animated avi from some bmp's that I have been given. Could anyone tell me what the best programme to use for this is? Thanks muchly in advance,

Helen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

If you're ording the BMPs around and arranging them to animate (like one of those old flip sketch pads), then you will not need any sort of 3d animation program. You could do this in say, Photo-Paint, or PhotoShop, or other various 2d image editors.

If you're to take the images on those BMPs and create something more out of it...such as modeling it in 3d and THEN animating it, well, then you have a LOT of choices. The best priced choice for the power would probably be Caligari trueSpace, but I wouldn't recommend a program unless you could try their demo.

Could you be more specific on this animated AVI that you want to create? How do the BMPs come into play?

That was exactly what I was looking for - thanks a lot Gary. I shall be creating lots of happy animations now!!

Helen

Helen--

Write to me privately at the email address below, so I can send you the pdf file of the instructions manual. You might not need it, but you never know.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.