Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: load time

I had a complaint that this site took forever to load, don't know connection speed or anything.
    I only have a DSL connection and would like to have it tested on slower connections.
    Please let me know how long these pages take to load on your system and what sort of connection you are browsing on. Any suggestions to speed it up, considering that it must be very visual, will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    IP

The resident idiot, me, forgot to provide the URL

http://www.dvg-scalemodels.com
    IP

Using Opera 6 and a 56k modem.
    Nothing appears for the first 10 seconds, then the links and text appear the sepia picture takes the remaining 20 seconds.
    The main problem is that the text below the picture 'clashes'with the text about the shipping department.

Lottie
    IP

12 seconds on a high speed cable modem, which is absolutely CRAWLING.

Too slow. Your main graphic is 76k, which is massive for a pic with so few colors. I reduced it in size to 33k in Photoshop. It loses just a bit in the reduction, but your home page will load much faster.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxcars-duo4.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	5378  
    IP

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I'm using Opera 6 I have a 56k modem but because of the phone lines here 26k is the fastest I can connect.
    IP

Thanks all for your input, I have made some changes on the "index" page that I hope reduces
    the time required to see anything.
    IP