Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Hello fellow PIers! I hope you don't mind me joining in here every now and then as time permits.

My name is Debbie and I've been using PI for about 8 or 9 months now...it's my first choice graphics programme and if truth be told, my only choice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I LOVE the versatility of it! At the moment I'm into digital painting...I wouldn't say I'm very good at it, but I'm getting there and find it quite enjoyable. It's a good job PI gives you the option to undo though, I use that quite a lot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is a digital painting I did about a month ago, one of my first and still my favourite today. I hope you like it as much as I do...I've simply called it "Rough Sea" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.debisty.com/mygallery/debbie-rough-sea.jpg

Debisty Designs
    IP

Hello fellow PIers! I hope you don't mind me joining in here every now and then as time permits.

My name is Debbie and I've been using PI for about 8 or 9 months now...it's my first choice graphics programme and if truth be told, my only choice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I LOVE the versatility of it! At the moment I'm into digital painting...I wouldn't say I'm very good at it, but I'm getting there and find it quite enjoyable. It's a good job PI gives you the option to undo though, I use that quite a lot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is a digital painting I did about a month ago, one of my first and still my favourite today. I hope you like it as much as I do...I've simply called it "Rough Sea" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.debisty.com/mygallery/debbie-rough-sea.jpg

Debisty Designs
    IP

Hi Debbie,
    Very nice painting! I'm not much of a "PIer" but I really like your painting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jeff
    IP

Thank you very much for your response Jeff, it's good to know that I'm not alone in this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm pleased too that you like the painting!
    IP

Debbie, you are some artist! I think the way you've done the foam on the waves is masterful. Nice use of the lightning and is that the rain particle? Beautiful work.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP

Thank you very much for your compliments Stephanie! I don't claim to be an artist of any sort, but then I was once told that if you create then you are, so maybe I am LOL. Yes that's one of the rain particles I used there.

Thanks again for the compliments, they're much appreciated and quite a confidence booster [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Nice wave work ... you managed to get some nice movement and activity in the water and just a real stormy water feel ... I like storms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP

I'm glad you like it David! It was seeing one of your images (Boat on Water RD) that got me into digital art. I replicated that one in PI (wouldn't show it anywhere), and from then on it was experiment, experiment, experiment some more....so thanks for getting me started [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Thanks! that's quite a compliment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ... I'm glad you got into graphics ... I've noticed your water motion is really good on your other things too.

That boat pic was done with Real Draw Pro which is a nice program with some unique things ... but I find it a little awkward (especially the ton of palletes)

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/index.html
    IP

Yup, Deb,that is a very nice pic..

http://www.photoimpactzone.com
    IP