Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: more bugs

I have used the shadow feature and found that when printing drop shadows they are resized and don't match the shadows created on the page. The print larger and out of place.

XaraX beta 2 release.

You can however convert everything to curves and it prints fine so not a big deal. All I want is for them to fix the Flash export to be corrrect. Right now, exporting as adobe illustrator still does a much better job at converting to somethithing that Flash will imort and keep the colors and vectors intact.

I am very happy though with the improvements in XaraX. The dropshadow feature saves me so much time from having to go to Photoshop it's worth it all even with the bugs that are there.

s.g.

s.g.

I think that Adobe plugins should be the last thin g tha Xara should worry about or address in regards to fixing the current bugs. If you want to apply Adobe plugins you mus remember that they were designed for bit map images only. There are plenty of other bugs that need fixing before worrying about adobe plugins.

s.g

P.S. I never use them much anyway.

How come when you convert a line to shape whith
    an arrow head the arrow head dissappears. I thought in the previous version of x it also converted the arrowhead to a shape as well.

s.g.

Printing shadows bug has been fixed and the fix will be in the final release.

The latest beta does convert lines with arrowheads to shapes correctly as far as I know and certainly in the simple cases I have tried.

Haven't looked completely to see if this one's been covered yet, but here it is:

Doing something similar to Gary's new puzzle tutorial: making a beveled object within another one, both with a bitmap fill. Fine until I switch to magnify tool, then down she goes. Xara X offers the "Quit, Continue, Debug" box, but won't let you do any of them. Lost the dern job twice now.

P2,667mHz, 128MB RAM system

David Griffin

An addendum to my above post:

This crash seems, on closer look, to be caused by failing to convert an object with a bevel applied to editable shapes before attempting to create any sort of bitmap from it: either a bitmap copy within Xara, or exporting the file as a bitmap. It may be specific to an item with a bevel AND a bitmap fill, I haven't tested a simpler one yet.It occurred when I tried to up the resolution of the export.

I tried converting to editable shapes first, and the bitmap creation process went fine.

I was reading SOMETHING about this on the forum, but I can't keep track of what thread is where, from one browsing session to the next. I'll keep looking.

David Griffin