Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry Big Daddy,

I spent the day designing a male Anime character after one that was created using Michael3 and Aiko3 combined. I just didn't like the lack of morphs so I'm still transferring morph targets. This is alot of work!! ACK!!

Yes, DAZ Studio and free content are free!! Sign up over at DAZ.com and go to the New to DAZ drop down menu and choose DAZ Studio and go from there. You will be asigned a new account and all that stuff and in the Downloads area you will be supplied with I think 5 or 6 downloads. Please heed what they request about not using Download managers outside of the one that you use with your browser, it will cancel the downloads if the download fails. The screen will refresh and you may not have any downloads to download. I think I'm dizzy now!

First install DAZ Studio, then the Spot Rendering tool and then your content so it all plugs in correctly. If you decide you like it and you want more, most do, then sign up for the Platinum Club memebership and things will be much more affordable.

Yes, DAZ Studio DOES support Cartoon rendering!

Hope that helps you out!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

awesome work guys and i am getting it now. The cartooning would be something that I mess around with because of avatars and what not. Can someone explain to me what Bryce is?

Great! Glad you found the right ap for your needs. Bryce is coming out with a new version soon and it allows, for a very reasonable price imo, you to create realistic 3D background scenes and add things like plants, etc. easily. It is very complimentary to use with DAZ/Poser. If you need 3D scenery for your artwork I would suggest you really look into Bryce.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Do know though that Bryce, as any of these high end or low end 3D apps has a learning curve. My suggestion to anyone getting involved is to make yourself familiar with one at a time. So if you are enjoying the learning process of DAZ Studio then do that for a month or two and then look at Bryce or Poser or what ever you fancy.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---