Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I went to use some clipart off my XaraX CD today and , with the CD in a known-good drive, for some reason I couldn't bring up the 'animals' file. No problem whatever retrieving any other files...I clicked on the E Drive to open up the CD, and manually went into Animals--and all the pics were right there! But when trying to reach them from inside Xara I keep getting a 'Cannot locate Animals file on CD' sort of error msge.
    ANY IDEAS?
    terry

I went to use some clipart off my XaraX CD today and , with the CD in a known-good drive, for some reason I couldn't bring up the 'animals' file. No problem whatever retrieving any other files...I clicked on the E Drive to open up the CD, and manually went into Animals--and all the pics were right there! But when trying to reach them from inside Xara I keep getting a 'Cannot locate Animals file on CD' sort of error msge.
    ANY IDEAS?
    terry

The way Xara intended you to bring anything from the disc into Xara is to open the appropriate Gallery, in this case the ClipArt Gallery in the top right area of the infobar with the scissors icon, and press Disc Clipart.

Browse to the Xara X CD, locate the Clipart folder, double click the icon, and press Add.

Xara will add folders in the Clipart Gallery for all the clip art and add a small thumbnail image. The actual images remain on the CD.

Now open the Clipart Gallery, open the appropriate tabbed section, select an image and press (I forget) the appropriate button to get the image onto the page.

Alternatively, you can just drag the image from the gallery section onto the page.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

is to copy the ClipArt and Fonts from the Xara Disc and place them on your hard drive. Then go through Gary's instructions on adding them to your galleries.

That way, they're always there, even if you can't find your original disc.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I've always wondered about this one. I would expect it to be an FAQ. Maybe I've overlooked it, but I have searched and so far have not seen an answer.

As far as I can see, if you follow Gary's instructions (copy clipart+fills etc. to disk then
    "add") you get a duplicate entry for each clipart or fill group in the gallery. OK it works, but it makes the gallery pretty cluttered, and you have to remember to scroll past the original (CD) folders to get to the copies on the hard disk.

I wanted to copy to fills etc. to disk, then re-point the original Xara gallery entries to the new copies. The Xara help implies that you can do this, but I couldn't see how.

In the end I achieved what I wanted by the copying the data to disk and then editing the relevant registry entries. Is there a simpler method?
    Regards: Colin

Regards: Colin