Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Film projector

Done in Cinema 4d following a tutorial from Maxon's web site. Can't really take credit for the modeling since the tutorial was pretty much step by step.

But thought it looked pretty good.

--Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	projector.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	5098  

Done in Cinema 4d following a tutorial from Maxon's web site. Can't really take credit for the modeling since the tutorial was pretty much step by step.

But thought it looked pretty good.

--Randy

I just gave you the prize, and now you publish this.
    Great work, man. Everyone knows that the first cuts are the deepest (Rod Steward knows best of all), and that the first steps are the hardest. Tut or no tut: you did it.

One tiny remark: due to the camera you chose, and the fact that you are real close, you get a distortion of the front wheel. My idea is: go backwards, and choose a camera lens of 50 or even better 85 as it approximates our "human" view better. And please, if you want to: post the image to show the difference.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Erik,

That is the one thing I do not like about Cinema4d. It's default camera is set to 35mm. Sometimes I forget to make my own camera. Here is a shot with the camera set at 85mm. I usally prefer 75-105mm focal lenght.

Thanks for you comments and vote. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

--Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	projector2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	10093  

Most cheap automatic camera's that you can buy come with a 35mm lens. Here in Europe, a 8Omm tele is called a "portrait lens".

One of the first things I always do in Cinema is change the lens. There might be a preference setting for this. If not, I'll contact Maxon.

Just like Xara's default font and fill that cannot be changed to personal preference. But we are human, so we get used to it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.