Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: april moon

spring is here.perhaps the moon has been distorted a little bit more than it deserves. Painter 7 scrips and recorded strokes.
    nikolai.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	town_moon..JPG 
Views:	505 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	5538  

spring is here.perhaps the moon has been distorted a little bit more than it deserves. Painter 7 scrips and recorded strokes.
    nikolai.

cool ... i like the faint cars and that blobby metallic looking snow or ice on the roof edges . Looks like still pretty cold wintery conditions. We just got snow back after losing it with a huge rainfall.

Anyway, nice impression of a cold snowy city at night

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

You always do so well. I like the colors and the texture, too. Rich

Lovely image with overtones of both fantastical and realism.

Nice work! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Wow I just love the etherial quality to the city street. I have to say I think the moon section is not quite up to the level of that beautiful traffic scene. I think it would look better with a little texture and with toning down the yellow a bit. Either that or introduce a tiny bit of that bright yellow further down in the image in a street light or something - but the bottom of this image is so wonderful - I'd be careful about that.

Well, I also feel that now the moon looks kind of out of harmony. I don't know why I left it the way it looks.It's just when you are working on an image you cast another look and think it's time to stop and after a while you find disharmony here and disharmony there...sort of the image belongs to the moment, so I have taught myself not to change anything. However, Sharon, you are free to make it better and I'll be happy to see your approach, for if I start adjusting it I'll also turn it into something absolutely new eventually.
    Nikolai

Heya nikolai,
    I wouldn't dream of touching your art. It would piss me off if someone messed with mine.

Don't you find that it's one of the great things about computer graphics that you can do all kinds of things and still save earlier versions? It's a kind of safety net.

I hope you're not upset with me about speaking my mind. I'm new to this forum and I don't really know how much true critique goes on here.

Best,
    Sharon

Sharon,
    First, I must apologize for my stubborn reaction to the remark you have made about the moon. Firstly because criticism gives you another chance to learn.
    Secondly, after all these years I can't stop being amazed at the opportunity of saving any of your tries. Anyway, some time ago I stopped doing it.
    And finally, I am not upset at all. Thank you very much for your kind response.
    Best of luck,

Nikolai