Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Michael, glad to hear it!

Thomas: "Well, we simply don't have the space to do this at the moment"

Yes, what with the horribly steep prices of hard drives these days, I fully understand that.

;-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Xara folks (Michael, Thomas,...)

I know you all are pressed for time but ... any chance of editing some of the info before posting? Some postings, not excluding my stuff, isn't well written and can be misinterpreted.

Yes, the way I am planning to display the tips/brushes on XaraX.com, I will re-write it into a small tutorial with a step-by-step guide. This may mean that not all of the tips will get on, but they should all be high quality.

I will credit the original author in all cases.

Michael Ward</p>

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Thomas,

how many gigs server space do you need? It's not free, but reasonably priced on a very fast server. Your choice of NT or LINUX or BSD UNIX. If you have a domain for it, it'll be up in 48 hours. A virtual server should do it at this stage, but if you need a dedicated server with a T3 to the tier 1 backbones, this wouldn't be a problem at all.

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Klaus

I'm glad to see the warm sunshine and balmy ocean breezes did not have a lasting effect on you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Hey, I HATE warm sunshine - it makes me hot-tempered! Fortunately, the climate in both Bermuda and NY was very comfortable at this time, so no permanent injuries were suffered by my hosts.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

relieved :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Perhaps I should have gone into a little more detail. It's not so much just another hard drive that we need so much as a need to sit back and take a long hard look at how we are going to manage talkgraphics.com, xara.com, buyfonts.com, xaraonline.com, etc. Finding server space is easy, but if we let things get too strung out, then management becomes a real headache.

All the sites are growing fairly quickly right now, and if we just stick them here and there, then we will fast get to a point where we simply can't manage/update them smoothly...info will get lost, server drag time, etc., etc.

Hoping to sort it out soon, but it's not an easy process.

T