Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey Hey,

What I was wondering is, can I take an effect like (for example) lightning, make a new "layer" with no object in it, just the effect by itself. That way, I can work on that effect and add OTHER effects to it to make something crazy-cool and then, place it on top of the image, instead of effecting a part of an image and layering it.

The reason I ask this is because, in Ph***Sh**, I can put lightning and stars/sparkles on layers by themselves. Thanks for your time.

RJ (The Postmaster) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey Hey,

What I was wondering is, can I take an effect like (for example) lightning, make a new "layer" with no object in it, just the effect by itself. That way, I can work on that effect and add OTHER effects to it to make something crazy-cool and then, place it on top of the image, instead of effecting a part of an image and layering it.

The reason I ask this is because, in Ph***Sh**, I can put lightning and stars/sparkles on layers by themselves. Thanks for your time.

RJ (The Postmaster) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi RJ,

I believe that you would just open up another canvas (what ever size ya need ) and apply effects to such, then cut and paste over top...now then, with that said, you may need to select the effect first by Magic wand ( touch an area that has no effect in it (back ground ) then everything should be seleted, then invert this selection and cut and paste onto your ready and waiting image... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]....

or if ya feel more comfortable using Photo Shop or the lighting effects from Picture Publisher thats cool too...

Bottomline here is what ever works to gain the effect you are looking for...myself, I got pretty caught up using but one or two apps and only now I am exploring some pretty cool effects with other apps that I shelved two years ago...yup, no good getting stuck on just one... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A real superb example of finding cool tools in apps ya wouldn't expect is the Emboss Brush in Media Chance's "Photo Brush"...photo brush is totaly a touch up your photo's app aimed a the beginers crowd and nothing like it's big brother app Real Draw Pro...but photo brushes emboss brush will allow you to paint on your emboss effect in real color....drag your brush across some photo and watch that are bump before your eyes...I mean, I wouldn't be using this app for much of anything else as I have so many other better tools, like Real Draw Pro for instance...bit if I wanted to emboss say just a part of a photo...Photo Brush does get opened for the task. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Have fun RJ... They are all real cool tools if they can be used for ya... and to this, Thanx RJ, your a big part of why I am having so much fun again...your energy in your pursuit of those tools that will help you knows no bounds [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and I think that is way cool... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep on creating there RJ. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and have fun in your pursuits [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey Hey Gigit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanx a lot for your help. I'll give these techniques a try. I'm working on CD liners for the local artists. After I get about 10 or 12 done, I will post a gallery of my own. Thanks for everything Gigit. You are such a pro! And with such a cool attitude! You should be a moderator here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]You make learning Photo Impact 7 fun.

RJ
    IP

Hey Hey there RJ...

This kid is happy to share info and tips and such, but believe you me, I ain't no pro...not even close...just a hobbiest that enjoys many different interests...the pro stuff I leave to the pro's...

This board already has a very qualified moderator in Stephanie, who by the way, has written several books on PI and will probably forget more things about this app than I will ever manage to learn... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But...thanx once again for the kind words... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Now then, hows that text project coming along ?
    I can hardly wait to view you cover worx...

Go RJ go... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP