Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am new to all this but I do have Dreamweaver 4 and I downloaded MX. My main comment initially is that the new uncluttered work area is much better. Has anyone else looked into this upgrade?

Gary Allred

I am new to all this but I do have Dreamweaver 4 and I downloaded MX. My main comment initially is that the new uncluttered work area is much better. Has anyone else looked into this upgrade?

Gary Allred

haha, I am looking at it right now... not bad, not too bad at all... I like the new MX interface, IMO much nicer than the DW original look, and even better is the fact that you are able to choose which one you would like to work from... I loves options... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Don't know about how it writes code though...insert an image, take a look at the code and tell me whether or not it is clean...

I myself, am an advocate of what ever worx for ya...so long as the end result is cross browser/cross platform friendly...that said, I have to admit that I am impressed with the interface change of this newest of DW versions, and I will be giving it a good going over before making up any further conclusions... :

Pretty cool so far though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

1st Post

Well all in all , happy with the overall gui change and the inclusion of php . The only problem I can see is that it sucks a lot more resources ! But it follows the same good stead of the rest of the MX range.

<A HREF="http://www.tjader-knightinc.com" TARGET=_blank>
    http://tjader-knightinc.netfirms.com/tkincscroll.gif </A>

I too like DW MX.

Especially 'cloaking' which means you can hide individual files, whole folders and file types from the site synchronize function. So you can be adding new pages and only publish when ready.

The database access trick works well too, particularly for simple "let me navigate through a set of records" functions.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

mx rocks!

--------------------------
    Secure, reliable yet affordable hosting
    http://www.matkhost.co.uk

I just upgraded to MX Studio. It may well have been the best software money I ever spent. Macromedia has made the top of the line products even better...all of MX Studio Just Flat ROCKS!

I doubted because I already had the DW-FW 4 studio and Flash 5. Then I downloaded the trial of Dreamweaver MX and an hour later I bought the MX studio. Incredible worth for the money you spend: I upgraded DW and Flash and got Fireworks, Freehand, etc for free as a bonus...
    About the MX interface: I now have only one wish (hehee): Photoshop MX

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

I dl the trial too. Haven't played around with it but it seems pretty good.
    Eric - I used MX to center the Nav bar on the website after your comments. MX is much better at positioning pop ups than FX.
    Joy