Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Linn LP12

I was so knocked out by Mark's "Wheel of Steel" that I was inspired to try an illustration of my Linn SP12 for my own desktop. This is a relatively low resolution jpeg but the 1024x768 copy has much more detail.

I was so knocked out by Mark's "Wheel of Steel" that I was inspired to try an illustration of my Linn SP12 for my own desktop. This is a relatively low resolution jpeg but the 1024x768 copy has much more detail.

Sorry. Another attempt to get the filename right.

This is getting embarrassing. I am guessing that the problem is the space in the filename which I have now removed.

Let's see if I can get the image from here.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

With any luck I have finally got the filename right and the image is now viewable.

Apologies for the file size which is about 58K and takes a several seconds to download. I did select the progressive option on the JPEG export but there is nothing progressive about the display when I view it with IE 5.5. Does anyone know if this progressive jpeg option in Xara export is working?

Good "hard" metal effect there.
    I like the slipmat too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: i wouldn't recommend using the "progressive" jpg format on a message board attachment Brian. Somehow, i don't think it's favorable. A normal jpg that's 58kb should load in just fine - even with a small wait.

I have DSL... and your image took around 1 minute to load in. I have a sneaky feeling it's because it's using the progressive format.

Just a thought [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mark,

Thanks for your comments. The credit for the metal effect is entirely down to your tips with fractal plasma fills and transparencies - I played around for ages trying to get a good effect. The Linn has a felt turntable mat or at least my one which is now 16 years old has (yeah, real cheapo considering how much they charge for the hardware) I got the effect on the image with a fractal cloud fill and a 25% black transparency on top.

A tip, which may be obvious to everyone except me, was to reposition the wood grain fills to get the right look in each of the sides of the frame - it didn't occur to me that you could even reposition them until I did it by accident. In addition, it really showed off the mitre joins in the corners - before repositioning the wood grains matched so completely that you couldn't see the joins.

Also, I have now re-exported the jpeg with the progressive option unchecked and uploaded it to my server. The result is that the file is now 3k larger and it does now seem to render in the browser window progressively! I don't understand.

Brian

great drawing of the infamous "king of turntables" when will we see the naim amp and B&W speakers???

once upon a long ago i had the linn axis went i 'went digital' i sold it for a pittance...oh! how i want it back!!!

[This message was edited by scouse eric on April 24, 2001 at 02:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by scouse eric on July 14, 2001 at 21:32.]

dear brian..i have one , maybe two ittsybittsy comments,
    1. the counterbalance onthe rear ofthe tonearmlooks odd, should'nt it be almost 2 domiensionalas it's a birds eye view

2. thefelt mat seems to have a pattern...is this a fill or just a moire effect on mymonitor
    otherwise spot-oneric