Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Got blender for about three days now, and reading all the tutorials on the web that I can find. I'm happy to announce that I'm finally over the cubes and spheres phase. It's all in the keyboard shortcuts. Left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse. I gotta try to do something more complicated so I got this little massage thingie and modelled it. The real thing has this knobby rubber spikes sticking out along the wheels, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this yet. I know it's nothing spectacular, but hey, I'm a nooby here, so please be kind. Gotta show it to someone .
    Now to spend six years trying to learn how to color and light this thing, as I read somewhere in this forum...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender_thingies_1.gif 
Views:	246 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	5330  

Got blender for about three days now, and reading all the tutorials on the web that I can find. I'm happy to announce that I'm finally over the cubes and spheres phase. It's all in the keyboard shortcuts. Left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse. I gotta try to do something more complicated so I got this little massage thingie and modelled it. The real thing has this knobby rubber spikes sticking out along the wheels, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this yet. I know it's nothing spectacular, but hey, I'm a nooby here, so please be kind. Gotta show it to someone .
    Now to spend six years trying to learn how to color and light this thing, as I read somewhere in this forum...

Hey, that's a pretty nice massage thingie there Grafixman... right on for taking the plunge into 3D... your doing very well... Hotkeys are the only way ta go... geez your learning this stuff quick like... right on

Looking forward to the final rendering of this

Thats not bad at all

Something I do lots of and still do often is set a project for myself,that way you come across different obstacles and have to find ways around them,it really keeps you on your toes.

6 years is a bit on the high side I think

Knobby spikes - if you inner extrude the polygons on the outside of the wheels,where you want the spikes then you can extrude those out again and create your spikes,this is because you now have 2 polygons,one outer one inner,the inner allows you to extrude the spike,the outer keeps the shape of the wheel itself.......I am crap at explanations I hope that makes sense

Stu.

Very good for a few days into 3D.

Pretty soon you'll be hooked.