Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all,
    I need to convert lots of CDR v8/v9 files into PDF. Is there a conversion software I could run in a batch programme to do the conversion. I'm totally new to CorelDraw and will appreciate all help.

Regards,
    Jay
    IP

Acrobat Distiller converts EPS to PDF like no other program, and in Batch mode. What I don´t know is how you can batch CDRs to EPSs without exporting one by one.
    IP

Could you do it via scripts?
    IP

That I don´t know...
    IP

I suspect, from what little I know about Visual Basic (the scripting software that comes with CorelDraw) that it can, from within Draw, repeatedly open files one at a time out of some directory, export each one as a PDF, and then close it and open the next without any further intervention from you.

However, you may need to at the very least buy a book on Visual Basic (if not take a class) to create such a script, because Corel doesn't explain how to do any of this. In other words, I'm pretty sure the tool is there, but that you underestimate the skill needed to use it. I suggest you go to your local University and contract with some student who knows Visual Basic. You might even get by with payment in beer.

And you might mention to that person how marketable such a script would be here online.
    IP