Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Simon,

I was trying to get PHP 4 to work on my Windows system, using Apache server 1.3.20.

(I recently updated this post when I solved the problem.)

Update:
    I got it to work, finally, using the CGI version, NOT the version that uses php4apache.dll.
    The tutorials available did not cover the changes made in the latest install of PHP4, so I had to figure out how they changed the directory structure and file names, and then change the Apache configuration accordingly. If they ever get any kind of consistency with any of the open source stuff, especially the documentation, they'll be dangerous!

Now to try to get MySQL to work with my installation!

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on May 10, 2002 at 18:42.]

I've been busy at a period house show.

For development, I use the mini IIS that comes with Windows2000, rather than Apache. It is easy enough to configure but if you have more than one local web site, you end up having to refer to:

127.0.0.1/nameoflocalsubwebsite/pagewhatever.htm

MySQL is ok - phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 makes it easy to add new databases, and tables too unless you script the SQL CREATES.

Good luck!

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I have the PHP working fine with Apache now, but have not yet used MySQL. I'm starting with the Sams book "PHP and MySQL Web Development".

I've found some good PHP/MySQL websites that have helped me get started, but I'll let you know if I need any advice.

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll