Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Desert.

This image is Painter classic,I painted it after finshing the tute [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I even learnt some new ways of doing things myself after putting the spotlight on my techniques so to speak.

You never stop learning.....

Hope you enjoy it as I enjoyed painting it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert_copy.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	10459  
    IP

This image is Painter classic,I painted it after finshing the tute [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I even learnt some new ways of doing things myself after putting the spotlight on my techniques so to speak.

You never stop learning.....

Hope you enjoy it as I enjoyed painting it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

Good job Stu! It looks a little dark on my work PC (gamma difference). Some heat waves emitting from the sand would look cool (or would that be hot!). Not sure how you do that though.

--Randy
    IP

Thanks Randy.

That gamma thing is a pain in the butt [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Good idea about the heatwaves,but I think {might be wrong} that heat wave effect would come in more at ground level than say the altitude the viewer is at.

Randy if you are still interested in learning landscape I would be happy to pass on some pointers through mail like you mentioned before if you like [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

Stu,

I am like an information sponge. Send it to me and I will soak it up. You still have my email address?

--Randy
    IP