Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P7 Effects

Hybrid View

Oh my, that's horrid!!!! I didn't print out from P7 but my PhotoImpact6. I'll go try it in P7 now....
    IP

Ok Stecyk,

are these images orginating in Painter 7 then being brought back to painter 6 or are they starting in 6 and being opened in 7?

Or are you using the same creation technique in both?

Not having a copy of 7, I'm curious is this printing problem an anomaly on the Mac?

Dawn, what OS are you using? It's comforting to know that the bitmap(whatever format you took it to PhotoImpact 6) was not FUBAR --- fouled up beyond all recognition--- and you were were able to print that image satisfactorily from within PhotoImpact 6.

But it's annoying as heck to think you have to exit the program to do something as basic as print.

Jin

non partitioned hard drive !!!!

I once had a partition get totalled and the only thing that saved all my other work was the fact that I did have a partition (a wall so to speak) so the dominoes of destruction bumped into my partition and stopped there. My experiences have taught me that partitions are essential to safely protecting your information.

Erik
    heh, right about now I'm really wishing that this forum had a tree format instead of linear posting.
    I've wanted a topic tree since the inception of this forum (like the old blue background forums of yore at I-US). Sorry if it is distracting, But Infopop has never seen fit to institute topic trees. But again this isn't my nickle that is paying for these forums. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But if having a tree format meant that they would have to wipe clean our accumulated posts . . . I'm not sure I want the tree that badly. I don't really know.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Just playing in P7 and came up with this.
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-sphere.jpg
    I cloned the picture with pencil sketch, then added surface texture, image luminance. Finally applied image warp, sphere and lighting, splashy color. Neato!!!!
    IP

jinny

i'm already aware of this new feature in P7 with vector shapes being sharper at high magnifications. this was in the alpha (and the 'convert to shape' command is VASTLY improved, it's quite amazing actually). vector shapes in P6 were bitmappy on screen. but this is not what i was decribing by way of shape artifacts earlier. the artifacts seem to have disappeared for now?! i just want P7 to print properly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

ghiˇ
    IP

ghi,

I just went back after reading your message again to see how long it took for Painter 7 to launch. It took no more than 5 seconds! Holy mackerel! Painter 6 never opened that fast.

Hmmm... again.

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

jinny

just launched P7, tried the shapes tools. made some squares and found no artifacts!?

but this is what i was finding before:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	17817  
    IP