Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P7 Effects

Hybrid View

Just playing in P7 and came up with this.
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-sphere.jpg
    I cloned the picture with pencil sketch, then added surface texture, image luminance. Finally applied image warp, sphere and lighting, splashy color. Neato!!!!
    IP

corel knows. i'm putting together a presentation now. there are also light and dark artifacts on vector shapes. kinda like high lites and a shadow. but they are not! if you create a square shape with the shape tool and zoom in on the edges you'll see th em.

a patch is needed right now! interestingly in mac os 9 it takes about 30 seconds to launch P7. in os 10 it takes about 9-10 seconds to launch! and thats with clicking on a warning window that pops up in the middle of the launch talking about a missing ko dak extension!? amazing. the general slowness of P7 in os 9 is no doubt because of the carbonized code bogging it down. there have been lot's of warnings about this for awhile so i'm not surprised.

but this printing issue is serious.

ghi
    IP

Athena,
    I have the original as a rif but sized down and made it a jpg. I had PhotoImpact open when I read that Stecy wanted me to print it out, so I just opened the jpg and printed it. After reading further, I then opened P7 using the same jpg and printed from there.
    I have a Epson Stylus 660 which does a super job for me but the differences where appalling.
    IP

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! It's horrible. All the colors look washed out and the details are blurred. What happened? What did they change? Let me know what you find out. All that money for a program that prints terrible pictures.
    IP

Nice work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Not positive but I think some of those greens may be out of gamut for printing.

Stu.
    IP

Hehe

Dawn,

I didn't clarify. my mistake. what operating system? Macintosh or Windows?

sorry for the mixup.

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Looks great really pulls your eyes into the subject. I too love the colors. Also wonder how it will print?

Keep going with it.

Wayne D
    Arizona
    IP

printed from Painter 7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painter%20doc%201%20detail%202.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	4917  
    IP

I've been experiencing much the same print problem with Painter 7 as Stecyk and Dawnre, ie, Painter 7 seems to insist on printing my images at what looks like 72dpi, regardless of the original image resolution.

Stecyk, you said you were going to contact Corel on this matter- did you get anything helpful from them? Anyone else get the same problem?. I'm on a Mac,running OS 9.04, printing to an Epson 1290. Any help or info would be much appreciated

Rich
    IP

Bummer that you guys are having these P7 hassles [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Those images of yours Ghi look to me like Painter ignored the 720dpi and printed at 72ppi instead.Is there any difference printing at 1440dpi?....just curious to see if it gives you what looks like 72ppi again or actually bumps up the resolution a bit at the same time,it would be one way if finding out if images are resolution dependent or not in Painter 7.

Stu.
    IP