Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been creating some new brushes which I will post in the new XaraXone Fills and Brushes in the next few days.

I just love the way Xara permits you to use transparency in these brushes. You can get some awesome effects.

The new brush set will include 6 new brushes.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green_worms.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	11374  

I've been creating some new brushes which I will post in the new XaraXone Fills and Brushes in the next few days.

I just love the way Xara permits you to use transparency in these brushes. You can get some awesome effects.

The new brush set will include 6 new brushes.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Stop it Gary - you are making me hungry! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (How's that for a yucky thought).

Actually I find the glowing worms intrancing and those bubbles are your best yet. The black background and the contrast with the green really brings out that great bubble colour.

Earlier you wrote about going to a local school to show the kids xara. How did that work out? I imagine if you go back you could show the kids how to make worms. Kids really like the gross yucky stuff. Your illustrations with worms really illustrate how expressive their forms can be. Maybe another Priester website is in order: www.garyswormfarm.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Ha! Everybody hates me nobody loves me I'm going to go eat some worms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary I you must be young at heart eyeballs, worms. Worms coming out of eyeballs. What's a mother to do??? Tee hee.

Ross is right, if you show this to the kids at the school every single one of them would put Xara at the top of their Chirstmas list.

Judi

I hadn't got hooked on worms (heh heh) when I presented to the great students at Ft. Wingate High School.

It was a fun experience. I did my glass interface tutorial and one other, but I think they kind of glazed over thinking who is this dude and what's he doing in our school :-)

Their instructor tells me some of the kids check out the conferences. (Their school internet connection is really fast. I'd drive there again, just you use their network to read through all the posts). If any of you guys are reading this, step forward and say hello.

Yes Judi, I am 59 years going on 12 :-) When I was in high school, I used to draw flying eyeballs on my blue cloth notebooks using colored ball point pens. I have not come very far, have I?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Well, there are two possibilities:

1/HRGiger buys XaraX
    2/Gary takes over for the next Alien Movie and gets an Oscar for the special effects.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

By the way: I just come back from your Xaraxone Fills and brushes page...(silence)...no words may disturb this. shhh...(silence). (we are in Alladin's cave)...shhh...

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on June 10, 2001 at 05:24.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - Thanx for the update on your visit to Ft. Wingate High School.

It is nice to think we might have a few of the students checking in on us. If you are out there, know that you are welcome to jump in and tell your impressions of xara, the forums, Gary, or whatever. As far as I know, Steve Newport is currently our only high school age participant. We have a few retired folks too. This is a forum for all ages!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>