Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Reading through some of the latest posts from Big Frank ('not the first time this 'feature' has been reported'), Erik Heyninck ('Perhaps there should be a separate forum for these little problems too...'), John D ('These are the ones I see') and others, the idea of collating links to some of the most common reported bugs/problems in one thread seemed like a good idea.

So Xarans everywhere please add to it if I've missed anything important (suspected bugs/problems only please, not 'how tos' and trivia), and Xara Ltd please take this constructively and respond:

I am sick, sick, SICK OF THIS!!!

XX crashes on batch export

Internal program error 906."

Color Bug

Cut fingers from Slicing Images

TIFF and TARGA Export Crashes 1.0c

Transparency and animated GIFs

New bug?

Animated GIFs still too big

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?
    (My site, not another bug!)</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on April 19, 2001 at 06:39 PM.]

Reading through some of the latest posts from Big Frank ('not the first time this 'feature' has been reported'), Erik Heyninck ('Perhaps there should be a separate forum for these little problems too...'), John D ('These are the ones I see') and others, the idea of collating links to some of the most common reported bugs/problems in one thread seemed like a good idea.

So Xarans everywhere please add to it if I've missed anything important (suspected bugs/problems only please, not 'how tos' and trivia), and Xara Ltd please take this constructively and respond:

I am sick, sick, SICK OF THIS!!!

XX crashes on batch export

Internal program error 906."

Color Bug

Cut fingers from Slicing Images

TIFF and TARGA Export Crashes 1.0c

Transparency and animated GIFs

New bug?

Animated GIFs still too big

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?
    (My site, not another bug!)</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on April 19, 2001 at 06:39 PM.]

And I suggest we keep this topic on top, and not let it drown in the bottomless ocean of this forum. Let's also keep this topic for real bugs, issues and problems, and real solutions to those, not ways around.

Bump

Don't know if I said anything about this on this forum or just to Xara Tech people. I have a consustant problem with the feather tool. I have tried several time to use it to make odd shaped shadows. What hapens is that shortly after I use the tool the image of the screen locks up. the arrow controlled by the mouse continues to move normally and you can even pick things. for example, if you pick something and hit Del, it dosen't disapear. But if you then exit Xara and the restart Xara and load the file you find that the object you picked and deleted is gone. Its like the screen stops updating, but all the functions are there. I sent drawing examples to Xara with a step by step explanation, but they were unable to duplicate the problem. Its not a big issue for me I just don't use the feather tool, but I woundered if anyone else has had the problem.
    John

Rubem Pechansky

I have Irfan view installed on my computer as a image viewer and it converted all my jpg and tiff icons to Irfan view Icons. The still are jpg and tiff as far as I can tell. Now if I import a jgp into a XaraX drawing (for example)I get a message that Xara does not have the correct filters for the image being imported "Okay?" When you click OK the picture is imported normally. It seem to me that I should be able to do one or two things:
    1. go into Irfan view and go back to the original Icons (why do they do that? Corel does it too)
    and/or
    2. tell Xara not to put what is obviously a bogus message.
    John

Did you try in Irfan: Options>Properties>Extensions and not setting Irfan as default viewer for those extensions?

John,

The fact that IrfanView changed an image file's "icon" has nothing to do with the file directly - i.e. it's raw code.

Your images will all still be what they are: jpg,gif,tiff,png, etc...
    By changing these file's icon, Irfanview is simply letting you know that it is now the "default Viewer" for them. So, if you open an image by double-clicking on it, or even by clicking it once and hitting the Enter key, IrfanView will render the image.

You CAN always do as Erik stated and turn off IrfanView's association for any types of image/media files. But i think it's a lot quicker to simply 'view' an image with Iview than waiting for a graphics program to open. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: i have not had the problem you mentioned John. Are you sure you have the latest version of IrfanView? I believe it's at 3.33 right now.

PPS: Dang it! I just realized that this post is out of context for this thread! Sorry folks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    But at least it'll help keep it at the top of the list! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's not IrfanView (which I don't have) but Xara - I've occasionally had the same message when importing JPEGs, but can't yet swear to any firm connection between the 'problem' files. Like John, I've just continued with the import and assumed that what looks OK is OK!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on April 21, 2001 at 10:58 PM.]