Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a graphic I made which needs to be digitally printed. therefore I need a tiff of it. But as I try to save it as a tiff in any file size I get this "access violation exception 0X001C5D50" then xara shuts down. I really need this file and can't export it in any other quality file format. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it! Also, if we can't get it fixed ASAP, can I mail this xar file to someone to change for me? Thanks.

I have a graphic I made which needs to be digitally printed. therefore I need a tiff of it. But as I try to save it as a tiff in any file size I get this "access violation exception 0X001C5D50" then xara shuts down. I really need this file and can't export it in any other quality file format. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it! Also, if we can't get it fixed ASAP, can I mail this xar file to someone to change for me? Thanks.

Does your graphics contain bevels and shadows? If so, try converting them to bitmaps inside XX and then saving as TIF. Bevels and shadows in XX are potential sources of woe!

I'm on a slow modem line and in Sweden, so I can't offer to do your file conversion, but perhaps someone here with cable/DSL will take pity on you if the above does not work?

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

the bitmap might be outside Xara's default bitmap size. I was hoping someone might remember how to switch the .dll file that allows for exporting a larger bitmap image.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I'm going to look through the WebXealots and see if I can find the answer. If someone finds it before me, post away.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

The old DLL switch to make CorelXARA handle bitmaps larger than 4096 x 4096 was to give Xaradraw.dll a temporary name and rename Xdlarge.dll as Xaradraw.dll. Unfortunately, these files don't exist in X as, presumably, the ability to handle large bitmaps is built in.

If Klaus's solution doesn't work, it's probably at least near the answer. The end result must be a TIF, but that doesn't stop you exporting as a PNG or BMP then converting it to a TIF in X or another program.

Sean

P.S. what do you mean by 'any file size' and what are the required pixel dimensions of the TIF?

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean