Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just thought I'd come up with a more original idea than my last...

This is a great idea Gidgit... Hope it catches on!

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-Build_It_Banner3.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	6227  
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

hey hey, right on you guys...

Randy Allen, I hope that this idea takes off as well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] nice worx...

Andy... I was hoping to create a challenge that not only stayed as a challenge, but actually built it's self from there...

Look at it this way... Here at Talk, or on any other graphic forum, people create graphics for the moment...a few days later, and voila, the thread is buried, along with the worx...

It was the intention here to generate some sort of sub community where by any one who wished to participate could not only create graphics to show off in the gallery, but could have the worx posted within one or more sites as part of a project that continually builds...

Making the grafx fit in within a theme, showing not only creative talents for the worx per say, but, as well showing how well your creative talents can fit in within a structured project...

Any one paticipating could host the site in their own webspace, and as well, create different themes to offer the end viewer some variety, while showcasing any and all talents... all under one logo, containing the same worx, only within different skins...so to speak...and all linked together as a ring and all linking back here to Talk...

This would be a first of it's kind project that would serve to further promote the many talents of those Talk members who participate, along with obviously promoting further Talk it's self...

win win win for all... and fun to boot...
    Imagine trying to fit in some green grafx within your redition of the site that happens to be orange...work it ...and show others how you did it...

thanx all for the contributions, I am sorry that I have taken so long to reply...whip me haha...seriously though...

While the logo's here are cool, are we sure they would meet the requirements for print outs etc...

We are not only doing this to have fun, but as well to gain experience towards any ventures along the line that will enable any of us to step out and gain advancement...

I guess the only way we will be sure is to hold a poll... Yahoo...

here goes... good luck all participants... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here are some more logo choices... Hope something here works.... (These are my last submissions) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Allen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-build_it_logo_last.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	2099  
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Hey Randy...

These look great... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am going to craft up a quick site using several of the submissions by the various contributers and we will see how things go... any of you wish to do the same have at er... then we will post them live, swap notes and take it from there...

till then...

Thanx to those of you who have contributed thus far... here's hoping that we can get this thing going here at Talk...

Time will tell soon enough... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hobbyist the toad said very quietly

You can say it louder than that Toad, says the gidge... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love being a hobbiest...web designer, graphic artist, gardener, woodworker... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bet my hobby tomato's taste better than those grown by the "pro's"... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Blog

Hi Gidgit

I was just trying to point out without being offensive the correct spelling of the word hobbyist.Of course this doesn't matter at all in a list post but in a logo it could be significant.Now don't be checking my spelling and typos!
    BTW I'd bet your photoshop tomatoes taste better than store bought.About six weeks 'till the real thing eh ...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

toad

Oh Toad I am so sorry... you are of course correct in your position here, and were truly being polite about it... thank you... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

btw all, the name ubuild it was not available though there are several other names that were... I am considering making it a no name site until such can be worked out... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Toad, we pinched off the first (PI [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]) tomato flowers about a week back and have the second sets just coming in now... time to switch up the slurry... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on June 07, 2002 at 09:06.]