Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, would appreciate if somebody can help. When I export animated graphics with transparent background (using transparent option) using Gif or PNG to my powerpoint presentations all what I get is a static result with no animation / movement.
    Any solutions!...thanks for the help

Hi, would appreciate if somebody can help. When I export animated graphics with transparent background (using transparent option) using Gif or PNG to my powerpoint presentations all what I get is a static result with no animation / movement.
    Any solutions!...thanks for the help

I don't use PowerPoint but the question that comes to mind is does PP support animated GIFs (or any other form of animation such as AVI) and if so is there a certain way of designating an animation vs a still image?

When you place the image do you have a file of type choice?

These are things I would check first.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Hi HH,

Welcome to the forum. I don't use PowerPoint, but I have it installed. I followed the instruction in the help file:
    -----Quote------
    Insert an animated GIF picture on a slide
    Display the slide you want to add the animated GIF picture to.

Do one of the following:
    To insert an animated GIF picture from the Clip Gallery, click Insert Clip Art on the Drawing toolbar and then click the Motion Clips tab.

To insert an animated GIF picture from a file, on the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click From File.

Do one of the following:
    If you clicked Insert Clip Art in step 2, click the animated GIF picture you want to add to your slide, and then click Insert Clip on the menu that appears.

If you clicked From File (Insert menu, Picture submenu) in step 2, locate the folder that contains the animated GIF picture you want to insert, and double-click the picture.

To preview how the animated GIF picture will appear in the slide show, click Slide Show at the lower left of the Microsoft PowerPoint window.
    Notes

Animated GIF pictures play while a slide show is running — not while you're working on your presentation in normal view or slide sorter view. Animated GIF pictures also play if you publish your presentation as a Web page and view it in a Web browser.

You cannot crop or change the fill, border, shadow, or transparency of an animated GIF picture by using the Picture toolbar in PowerPoint. Make these changes in an animated GIF editing program, and then insert the file on the slide again.
    ----End Quote------

It worked for me, using PowerPoint 2000.

I hope that helps.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Only PowerPoint2000 and later versions will handle animated GIFs.

Soquili, you are the "Bestest" :-) It worked perfectly. Much obliged...Thank you very much
    HH