Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Volv

There was a certain look that I was after with the Lullaby image. It was straight forward, and not too photorealistic. The models were kept simple, the colors dreamy, and the entire scene uncluttered.

By changing perspective to add drama would have been over kill. The message of Silenced Lullaby is less than subtle already and I wanted the viewer to fill in the blanks about what may, or did, happen. To focus on the plate, for instance, would have added a sense of gore that I was not looking to add.

BTW, the image has been received very well on other sites and the feed back has been positive. Only twice did I need to remind those who seemed shocked by the story Silenced Lullaby allegedly tells, that it was only days ago when they themselves sat a table enjoying a fine turkey or goose. LOL. So, I guess it's how the story is told as much as anything else when it comes to testing the limits of our tolerance.

Very best,

Ron Pfister
    http://www.imaginationmagic.com

The picture is nice but a little scary

aaa... well maybe it's just me... but i found nothing but humour in that image/story. Right from the first minute i saw it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess i have a morbid sense of ha-ha... huh? hehee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Nice work Ron. I love the colours and the ombience.