Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

This is an armillary sphere I made in Xara3D, and posted in the Xara3D forum. It was suggested there that I post here, too, so I am doing just that. As in the X3d forum, comments and criticism are welcome.

I know that Xara3D isn't in the same league as the sort of 3D s/w and renderers used here, but it can achieve good results nevertheless within its limitations.

Enjoy!

Mike

I love it! Great work, Mike, and I love to see people use Xara apps in new ways = terrific!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

That's a 3D model by any definition. You really know X3D better than the average user, Mike. Bet even the designers of the program didn't know it could do that .

Very cool Mike... this is working/thinking, outside of the box so to speak... bravo...

Very nice use of this great little program, Mike !!!

kindly,
    ivan

This is an armillary sphere I made in Xara3D, and posted in the Xara3D forum. It was suggested there that I post here, too, so I am doing just that. As in the X3d forum, comments and criticism are welcome.

I know that Xara3D isn't in the same league as the sort of 3D s/w and renderers used here, but it can achieve good results nevertheless within its limitations.

Enjoy!

Mike

I agree with gidgit, nice job.