Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been around much but just wanted you to know I'm OK. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    It seems the only thing I have been using Xara for lately is stuff for work. I just finished a selection of banners for a newsletter I am putting together at work. Someone didn't like my first draft and so here is my attempt to make something pleasing for someone else. I know how a lot of you feel now when the client doesn't pick the one you feel is the best. I'll toss it out to you all now. Which banner would you pick for the heading of a newsletter?

Take care,
    dafipp

[This message was edited by dafipp on August 21, 2002 at 16:08.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banners.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	2771  

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been around much but just wanted you to know I'm OK. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    It seems the only thing I have been using Xara for lately is stuff for work. I just finished a selection of banners for a newsletter I am putting together at work. Someone didn't like my first draft and so here is my attempt to make something pleasing for someone else. I know how a lot of you feel now when the client doesn't pick the one you feel is the best. I'll toss it out to you all now. Which banner would you pick for the heading of a newsletter?

Take care,
    dafipp

[This message was edited by dafipp on August 21, 2002 at 16:08.]

Hard to comment without knowing the significance/relevance of the various images, but #4 looks easily the cleanest and most striking to me!

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

I guess that would help, huh Peter.

I work at a petrochemical and plastics manufacturing facility. Almost all of the pictures of towers or reactors are from different portions of our plant. The bridge is just across the channel from our plant and is a promonant landmark now (it's new). The aerial photo is also our whole facility.

The goal was to not focus too much on one unit of the plant. That was why I was asked to redo the banner. The newsletter is an employee written paper about safety efforts.

Dale

I would like to see the text more dominent.

Or perhaps you could try placing one of the photos inside the text and adding a drop shadow behind the text.

Here are three quick examples using one of my photos as a stand in.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LPO_Star.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	11825  

Gary,
    Thanks for the input. I like both of those methods. And since the newsletter will be an ongoing effort you can bet I will try them out.

dafipp

I like the photos in #5 & #6 and Gary's ideas on the text, only IMO move the text either above or below the photos.

Mike

I like your banners, Dale. #2 strikes me as the most imaginative, and #4 the most clear. No doubt, you have a boss to please. You also have to think of those receiving the newsletter. Which would they be most happy with ? The bridge can be seen as a link between plant and community. Yours are good, and I'm sure Gary's samples have triggered other ideas. Good Luck with it. - Neil