Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Clouds

Hey, I've been experimenting with sunsets lately and was just wondering if any of you would like to post your ways of making clouds. I have CorelXARA so try not to use any of the XaraX new features. Thanks for your help!
    ~Steve

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hi Steve,

The quickest way I have found is to make an oval using the Ellipse tool and then apply an elliptical transparency. Then just make lots of copies and place them into your sky.

I'm sure Gary has much better ways but this one is quick and easy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cat =^..^=

Since my teachers always said "I had my head in the clouds", I thought I would try some. The attached is basically some random brush strokes, feathering, transparency, and some blends. If you want the original send me an email. That way you can disect the drawing and see how. With the new features of X, it was done before I could think about it.

Dave Zubrowski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clouds.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	2567  
    Dave Zubrowski

David,

You asked for people to e-mail you for a copy of the original file with the clouds, but I can't find your personal e-mail address. Please respond to my request at my_spam@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Joel Horn
    Wise men still seek Him.

Sorry about that Joel I did not have my email address in my profile. It is in there now. File is one the way.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I know the point of this thread is about "drawing" clouds. Sometimes a good bitmap has its place too. I find clouds are a good use of imported bitmaps - in Xara you can usually manipulate the bitmap enough with transparency effects etc. that it doesn't detract from the drawn parts of the illustration.

Anyways, it is useful to have at your disposal some cloud bitmaps if only to use as reference material when you draw your sky. A relatively good source of free sky photos is here.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>