Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: ZBrush ...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

ZBrush is a paint program that incorporates some 3d-like aspects. It is really neat and a demo version is available. Its website is here.

I've attached a quick design I did some months ago using ZBrush. It was easy to create in the program - I have very limited experience with paint programs.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zbrush.jpg 
Views:	681 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	13087  

Thats cool Ross [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think you would also love Painter full too.

Stu.

I've just discovered this one Ross.

That is good! I esp. like the central sphere.

cheers
    Eric

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I just found an interesting thread about Zbrush in the 3d graphics forum. It does a good job of introducing the program and its character relative to most 3d programs. Find tat thread here.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hello

I'v downloaded a demo version of Zbrush, and instatlled on XP at work

but because i am on vacation for 2 weeks i will not be able to realy test it
    but looking at the finished work and tutorials on zbrush central forum, it is amazing

as going thru the features, it is different than any application on the market

the painting and distorting tools are very rich

i think this app will be God send for poeple are good in drawing with brushes, which is i am not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

but it will not stop me from trying

thanks fro bring up this subject and bye

It's definately got it's own niche. I found the interface attractive but really there is something to be said for simple normal windows-based interfaces ... I think it adds a little to the learning curve.

I tried the demo but didn't apply the time needed to fully get into it but it is something I'd like to try again. It does have very unique features and can't be thought of as belonging to the normal 2d apps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Hey Dave, I know what ya mean re-windows type interfaces vs modern design interfacing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But to tell ya, every time I see samples of what this app can do I think of you and your super artworx...If I was you (which I ain't, I draw stickmen...lol ), I would give this app some serious attention, it sure looks like it was built for people of your caliber... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Well thanks gidget for all the nice words ... please continue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway , luckily you can apply for a new demo and password so I could keep trying it. I'll have to make a point of really trying to figure this program out within 30 days this time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Of course the price of $292US would be like $467 Canadian ( ) so it's something I'd really have to need before I bought it.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

ZBrush - a UI to love and hate! It looks great and is quite innovative, but how the hell does one, for instance, make a bigger file than the default size??? And how does one import/export a model??? I am totally unable to find ways of handling such basic functions through this UI! PIXOLOGIC: Give us regular drop-down menus please!!!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I saw the mention of ZBrush here so I though I'd give it a whirl....

Fantastic! I was so impressed I bought the company.. er program!

Many, Many thanks. I love it!

Huge Regards
    Dave

http:www.squeakypics.co.uk