Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I haven't seen any dog around here. Probably I didn't look carefully. Anyway,I have decided to pay tribute to all dogs by contributing a picture of my Russian spaniel dog named Mona.

She'll be three on February 24 and she loves gifts.

nikolai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dog.JPG 
Views:	442 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	12418  

I haven't seen any dog around here. Probably I didn't look carefully. Anyway,I have decided to pay tribute to all dogs by contributing a picture of my Russian spaniel dog named Mona.

She'll be three on February 24 and she loves gifts.

nikolai

She's waiting for a pat, kind words, and a treat I think! Great fur technique too! :-)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Not only is that a nicely done portrait where you've captured a real personality but she seems like a nice doggy too. And after posing for that pic I assume she got a huge treat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Good job, was this with software ( I assume it was since it's here) or real paint (no reason painted things can't be in the gallery). I just got done 3 dog commissions in acrylics but I haven't done many dog pictures on the computer.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Great Looking Dog!. What software did you use or was it done with more than one?. Does she bytes!
    George Troy

http://www.georgetroycrafts.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Looks great! It suggests her personality - any portrait capable of conveying such concepts is truly a wonderful thing to behold. Thanks!

There was another really good dog portrait posted some time ago. It was "Rosie" in the Xara Gallery Forum. It is drawn in a very different style.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi everyone,
    I am grateful to you for your sharing the feelings I had while doing this image. I am also happy I was able to convey most of them. By the way, it was made on Painter 5.5, and I do not have any other graphic packages.
    Nikolai

She's waiting for a pat, kind words, and a treat I think! Great fur technique too! :-)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya[/QUOTE]
    Maya, thanks again for your inspiring words. The technique is pretty simple: I just use pastels with a variety of opacity and bleach.
    I have visited your crowhavenart.com I love it. I wish I could paint and design the way you do. The whales and the cat are a really special treat.

Nikolai

What software did you use or was it done with more than one?. Does she bytes!
    George Troy

George,
    Thanks for your kind comments.I only use Painter 5.5. At times I think she doesn;t know how to bite.
    nikolai

Thank you for the reply, Nikolai. Your ability to convey Mona's personality and the softness of the fur, etc... is just terrific! I thank you for taking the time to view some of my paintings also---I am never satisfied with my art, but the fun is in the creating and learning something new with each attempt. I enjoy other people's artwork much more! The variety of styles is amazing in these forums, there is something for every taste, and a great group of people too. :-) I am looking forward to seeing more of your art!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain