Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fire Tutorial

Here it is guys! Sorry for the waite, been VERY busy lately. This is a step by step tutorial of how Iachieved fire. After doing this, you can experiment on your own and take this above and beyond where it is now. Great thanx to Gary for the use of his lighter. Enjoy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial.jpg 
Views:	1486 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	14446  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Here it is guys! Sorry for the waite, been VERY busy lately. This is a step by step tutorial of how Iachieved fire. After doing this, you can experiment on your own and take this above and beyond where it is now. Great thanx to Gary for the use of his lighter. Enjoy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hi Steve,

Very good mini-tutorial. Another great technique to add along with the cloud tutorial.

Thanks.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can even smell the lighter fuel!
    Grat tutorial. Thanks
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice explanation and cool technique, Steve.

Makes my flames look like a Girl Scout weenie roast :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

The other nite I saw a guy in a movie light one of those Zippo type lighters...he held it steady while talking etc. I saw a flame that came up from a blue/green and half up started the orange/yellow even going to white glow. Doesn't the liquid in those things make a differance producing the flame? I donno..

I'm burntout- BClegg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Name:	flame.jpg 
Views:	1483 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	15972  

Well, it really does depend on the fuel and lighter, I don't own a zippo so I had to use a little BIC lighter for the tutorial, and stared at it to get it's characteristics, and again for the pic at the bottom,so please excuse me if the color's off a bit, the light kind of threw my vision off for a little bit! But to really get the full characteristics of a certain flame or anything, your best bet would be to get a model of exactly that.

Steve Newport

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on May 30, 2001 at 16:44.]

Name:	flame1.jpg 
Views:	1158 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	3924  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve

Your last flame is more realistic. The flame from the tutorial has too much air. If you had that kind of flame coming out of the old Zippo, you'd wind up torching your smoke and singeing (how do you spell singe-ing?) your eyebrows. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Of course since smoking is not good for ya, maybe that is not such a bad thing.

Great flames either way, though.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Yea Gary, I know what you mean, I thought the same thing! That flame from the tutorial wouldn't exactly fit on a zippo, more likely from a log or something, but it was your lighter that inspired me! thanx for all the feedback guys

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve- I agree with having a real model maker to observe. Unfortunately I had just a quick glance at the one I saw. But I'm glad you got the idea of what I wanted to get across. The flame on your tutorial Zippo is far from the one you observed on the Bic lighter. I believe if you took that one and placed on lighter, with a little modification, it will be on target. I saw one similar to what your last one looks like done in a Animadted.Gif. The lower part was quite still and the upper part with the yellow etc.moved from side to side with slow flicker. I don't remember where I saw it.
    Thanks of hints etc.

regards-Bill Cleg