Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We have an idea going over in the Xara Gallery about posting a forum-wide challenge of a symbol of renewal--the mythological phoenix--the idea is to create one with your program of choice in any style or version which you like. It would be so cool to see all the different varieties and versions people can use their imagination and come up with. It translates well into logo and abstract techniques--anything goes. There is already a posting in the Gallery and one in the Xara Gallery (info on the symbolism, origin,etc. can be found on pg 2 of the "Brandon Lee" thread in the Xara Gallery if anyone is interested).
    Hope those here will give it a try and show us what can be done with Photopaint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

We have an idea going over in the Xara Gallery about posting a forum-wide challenge of a symbol of renewal--the mythological phoenix--the idea is to create one with your program of choice in any style or version which you like. It would be so cool to see all the different varieties and versions people can use their imagination and come up with. It translates well into logo and abstract techniques--anything goes. There is already a posting in the Gallery and one in the Xara Gallery (info on the symbolism, origin,etc. can be found on pg 2 of the "Brandon Lee" thread in the Xara Gallery if anyone is interested).
    Hope those here will give it a try and show us what can be done with Photopaint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Done entirely in photopaint with some plugin help.

Cheryl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

OOps oversize! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pheonix_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	17449  
    IP

WOW Cheryl, that's terrific!!! I love all the mosaic or granulated-like textures and the swirling rising flames against the cooler contrasting blue colors!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] A great idea, and I'm so glad you chose to add this art to our endeavor so others will see and discover new ideas techniques, etc..., and share with us. Thanks so much, and if you'd like, you could also post it in one of the Phoenix "Gallery" threads.
    Great work!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Hi Cheryl,

Great Pheonix. Seeing everyone's interpretation is very enjoyable with all the variety.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I posted in the photopaint forum too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pheonix_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	5515  
    IP

I am having some trouble with the posting, I'm not seeing my posts or replies right away on the forum home page.
    I tried to post in the gallery hope it made it this time.

IP

I am having some trouble with the posting, I'm not seeing my posts or replies right away on the forum home page.
    I tried to post in the gallery hope it made it this time.

IP

in the Gallery now, Cheryl! If you want to try and remove your extra reply posting here just click the pencil/card icon at the top of one of the messages and that message will come up for editing. There is in the top right corner an underlined choice to delete the message--just click and that one will then ask if you're sure, click continue, and it will be removed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain
    IP