Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Creativepro has reviewed Xara X. Take a look at the review at:

Review

And then post your own personal opinion on Xara X at:

Have Your Say

Come on Xarans!!! Let's get the word out :-)

Creativepro has reviewed Xara X. Take a look at the review at:

Review

And then post your own personal opinion on Xara X at:

Have Your Say

Come on Xarans!!! Let's get the word out :-)

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Thomas,

the idiots are discussing a 'pro output' - as I already stated in another thread, TIF is a global standard, and any RIP that can't process TIFF's isn't a RIP. Period.

Worst of all: you have to become a member of a bunch of idiots to send your comment - NO THANKS, I am not an idiot, nor do I want to join a gang of idios and biased Illustrator users.

I HATE it if a web site requires a registration, because this acts like a filter or might be used for unwanted mails from the creativepro.com (I can already hear them suqirming 'but you've signed in' when I will complain about spamming).

To make this point absolutely clear: I am a DESIGNER, and I am a professional for more than 19 years now, and I am using XARA. I proved that I can handle this app like a professional with a professional output - TIF.

There is definitely no need for me to join a club of nobrainer junkies just to send my comment on an article written by an unknown editor who's single task is to fill the gaps between the ad pages.

Gimme a break, please, before anybody actually can prove that he/she can do more or produce better results than I do with XARA, it's a waste of time and effort to even think about it.

As I said today in a presentation in competition with an ad agency: Dear ad agency, if you have to write 4 pages about the darkness in your brains, it's not worth to be considered by the client, because it wouldn't light up his mind or screen or increase his sales or profits.

They started yelling at me, trying to discuss applications, but I told them: the creativity doesn't start at the applications you use, it starts either in your brain or nowhere.

They were fuming, I enjoyed it, and the customer finally said: Well, whatever you say, I need ideas and results, I don't care HOW you produce them.Let's finish here and talk again in a week.

It's always the same game: idiots 'think' (**IF** they actually can think!) the are pro's because they know how to use a big brand name software. Hell, the gel haired youngsters don't even know how to scetch with a pencil on paper, so what are we talking about?

Dear XARA forum members, please think twice before you submit your e-mail to become a member at this site - chances are high they are just collecting mail addresses to sell them to third parties.

Let us be proud of what we can do with this wonderful tool, let us SHOW the results, and let the impressive results speak for themselves. This will do a much better job and have a greater effect than to argue with single sided nobrainers...

Have a nice day, a smile and lots of fun!

XARA X galore!

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thomas,

the idiots are discussing a 'pro output' - as I already stated in another thread, TIF is a global standard, and any RIP that can't process TIFF's isn't a RIP. Period.

Worst of all: you have to become a member of a bunch of idiots to send your comment - NO THANKS, I am not an idiot, nor do I want to join a gang of idios and biased Illustrator users.

I HATE it if a web site requires a registration, because this acts like a filter or might be used for unwanted mails from the creativepro.com (I can already hear them suqirming 'but you've signed in' when I will complain about spamming).

To make this point absolutely clear: I am a DESIGNER, and I am a professional for more than 19 years now, and I am using XARA. I proved that I can handle this app like a professional with a professional output - TIF.

There is definitely no need for me to join a club of nobrainer junkies just to send my comment on an article written by an unknown editor who's single task is to fill the gaps between the ad pages.

Gimme a break, please, before anybody actually can prove that he/she can do more or produce better results than I do with XARA, it's a waste of time and effort to even think about it.

As I said today in a presentation in competition with an ad agency: Dear ad agency, if you have to write 4 pages about the darkness in your brains, it's not worth to be considered by the client, because it wouldn't light up his mind or screen or increase his sales or profits.

They started yelling at me, trying to discuss applications, but I told them: the creativity doesn't start at the applications you use, it starts either in your brain or nowhere.

They were fuming, I enjoyed it, and the customer finally said: Well, whatever you say, I need ideas and results, I don't care HOW you produce them.Let's finish here and talk again in a week.

It's always the same game: idiots 'think' (**IF** they actually can think!) the are pro's because they know how to use a big brand name software. Hell, the gel haired youngsters don't even know how to scetch with a pencil on paper, so what are we talking about?

Dear XARA forum members, please think twice before you submit your e-mail to become a member at this site - chances are high they are just collecting mail addresses to sell them to third parties.

Let us be proud of what we can do with this wonderful tool, let us SHOW the results, and let the impressive results speak for themselves. This will do a much better job and have a greater effect than to argue with single sided nobrainers...

Have a nice day, a smile and lots of fun!

XARA X galore! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens,

I second almost anything you said about the "gel-haired jungsters" and the "pro's" who only use software from A*

But hey, the review is mostly pro-Xara !!
    If I wouldn't have known it before, I'd be very impressed and would at least check the program after reading this preview.

Wolfgang

Jens, my good man (I didn't know you were "jay" and had wondered where "jens g.r. bentien" had gone), I agree with all you say! (Except your chronic anti-Adobe stance, which is silly and unjustified.) I wish I had been present at that conference, to watch the dumb ad people fume and squirm!

K

PS: So how are you doing with "The Fountainhead"? It's THE Book for people like you. And that's a Kompliment.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and any RIP that can't process TIFF's isn't a RIP. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that.

I'm a frequent flyer to this forum. I opened a new "alias" here to voice a strong opinion about the reviewer who's bashing Xara X at Creative Pro, but didn't want too reveal my past ID. I have my reasons...

I've only been in the print ready graphics field for a couple of years, but from what I've seen ... the competition for the so called Universal (graphics) standard has or seems to have always been Adobe's domain... Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF ... ATM, etc... (all on a Mac to boot). While this (situation), in and of itself, isn't necessarily a bad thing, it seems to have bred strong attitudes. Mostly crappy ones from people at print outfits who's narrow mindedness and stringent belief that, "if it doesn't rip thru my system the first time" send it back to the artist. Or, if they do the clients' layout themselves, they use 4-5 programs to achieve the same results as X would. In other words, if it wasn't made with Adobe or Quark, it's POOP!! This rips my ass (no pun intended). It's bad enough they tell you this, but when they get sanctimoniuos, it becomes even less logical. As Jens pointed out ... isn't .TIF a reliable standard? For goodness sakes, you can create any layout in Xara X (and edit it) ... then simply output the whole thing as a TIF. I do it, with excellent or better results than corelDraw. Yes, I do like Photoshop for real bitmap editing ... but I think (the over-rated) Illustrator blows (yes, i've tried it...)

Just to reiterate here, it's not so much the Xara bashing that gets me .... it's thier loss in the end. No, it's the established attitudes of print industry people who think Adobe is the eternal answer to all things printed, as well as the failure to get with something new. "New" being any software such as XaraX, that just might end up making thier life easier and enjoyable.

Take care ...

Klaus,

I modified my alias - first time I messed it up, second time as well, because I'm not too bright with forms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

I might not be diplomatic, but that's because I am a honest country boy. I say what I think, I am straight forward, and if I **KNOW** something's wrong, I speak up loud.

This scenario took place in the middle of Hamburg, Germany, ad & multimedia place # 1.

Adobe products: are you really convinced that this crap can be called product? They are marketing hypes. Sorry if I stepped on someones toes, but see above - I am straight forward. However, if you use Adobe stuff, I don't mind, as long as you don't claim being a professional just because you are using Adobe stuff.

Well, when I have to listen to a 4 page reading (with tons of 'English Expressions' and absurd definitions) about what a new logo means and why, I run amoc, weigh 460 pounds (twice as much as usually) and almost tighten the tie strings of the folks to zero, because if you look at some weird colors, no text, not even a phone number, no hint, NOTHING, and it is claimed to be a LOGO, I know the world went nuts. Completely nuts. They wanted to sell it for US$ 10 k - just imagine the poor company owner how he will be forced to re-read the 4 pages explanation over and over to his customers, suppliers...

And imagine 4 smarties there: junior art director, one smarty with no function except to handle the mobile phone and to pull out the 4 page explanation, one account exec who read the paper, and one smarty who looked extremely important, hammering frantically onto his 'organizer' (as if these nobrainers need something to organize exept their importance)...rediculous.

Please don't get me wrong: I don't mind young people and newbies doing biz as long as they are open minded and KNOW what they are talking about - even if it's only a fraction of the knowledge and experience of a silver back...but to me it appears as if they are trained to pour sand into the client's eyes, 'talk him small' as we say, because the poor client doesn't understand a word of what they spill out.

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed it. I think I should invest into a mini video cam and tape these occasions :-))), burn them onto CD-ROMs and distribute them - hahahahahahaha , FIESTA !

Let's rock and roll and shake this globe, let's make it spin backwards to get rid of the bunch of ... well, you know what I mean.

Do I have a free wish? Please Great Maestro, let's make a sharp turn and go back to the good, rock solid and bullet proof times, to re-establish the harmony, appreciation of excellence, knowledge and human behavior.

Muy atentamente,
    El Desperado
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Mysterio,

I am sorry that I can't write my thoughts with your words - English is just my second language out of 4 - but thanks a lot for supporting and confirming my experiences.

Thanks so much, now I know I am not alone in this kinky world. Feels good. Really feels damn good. You have hit the nail on the head. You are a pretty good wordsmith, and if words could cut, you would have cut the throats of the single minded and biased nobrainers.

Congrats. I really appreciate your support!

jens
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--