Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A Rose for Ivan

This is an attempt to interpret a rose...I knew I could never compete with the perfection nature creates in each real rose...this is sort of an antique-look.
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Image Copyright© 2002 Maya Doka

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on March 06, 2002 at 10:37.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose1.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	17813  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This is an attempt to interpret a rose...I knew I could never compete with the perfection nature creates in each real rose...this is sort of an antique-look.
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Image Copyright© 2002 Maya Doka

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on March 06, 2002 at 10:37.]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

It's lovely!

The transparent curtain is a nice touch, too.

Beauitiful image.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Maya, it reminds me of roses made from ribbons. They were very popular when I was a young boy.

Thanks for sharing.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Well, I tried! Hopefully, down the road a ways, I'll improve--this was the first rose I've ever done in any technique, I'm not much of a flower-painter. Mostly, I've done wildflowers as part of backgrounds... Thanks for your encouragement, it really helps! :-)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

just sweeeeet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What a tasty texture and a rare color ! And what a pity the perfumes doesn't work on my PC (anyone knows why? Is that a question of configuration of the "perfumes" card?). I like this ambigĂĽous texture between velvet and caramel. That's the specificity of computer images; you can create intermediates between textures which otherwise should be uncompatibles !

I saw this kind of rare brownish colors in some roses like the floribunda 'Lavender Pinocchio', or in old "gallicas" (the "french" roses) like 'Robert le Diable' when the sun has slightly but nicely burned them. I know also another rose which is fantastic when the petals fade. It is called 'Russelliana' and there is a fantastic shrub of it on the Alcatraz Island (and also another one in my rose garden, which is NOT a jail !)

So kindly Thanks Maya,
    ivan

Dream of impossible textures, re-invent the Rose.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Maya - your tasty rose looks just like a dried one to me. It looks like you are getting the hang of Xara X. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ivan - You might find this link interesting: smell-o-vision.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks for the link Ross,

in fact I loved too much perfumes 20 years ago and I have developped very strong allergies (even at some natural perfumes) with unsupportable headaches. I think also the action of too much synthetic perfumed molecules toghether (now there are strong perfumes in everything) is THE big cause of the increasing children asthmatic problems.

Kindly,
    ivan

Yes, this was inspired by ones I used to have whilst living in Port Angeles, WA...I had a few other varieties, but this one had the most incredible perfume to it even as it faded. I found the tea roses were a challenge to protect from insects and fungus from the damp climate...while I lived in North Carolina a couple of years, I just went crazy and planted 10 different roses, but the best ones were those that just grew wild and free along the roads in huge masses. They withstood everything--very tough, and beautiful. :-)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain