Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif After making 32 pages webstyle crasehs every time I try to save a new webpage. As soon as webstyle emplatescifi shows up Microsoft XP prof. closes the program due to a failure. Saving the webpage in another folder doesn't help. Can somebody please help me ?

regards

Edwin - Netherlands

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gifI tried all this and now it is working, Thanks to Woudstra an chickenman for their help. I hope the programm stays up and running.

Thank you for the tip.

I was really desperate and reinstalled xara webstyle4. Then I ran into the next problem, that I couldn't download the templates I used to create a site (scifi and tobtab). After turning off Norton antivirus it worked. The crash problem remains, when want to save a webpage the program crashes during rendering graphics,at: programfiles/xara/webstyle/scifi/theme/layout

Also saving to another folder doesn't help.

Does somebody have an idea to solve this?

Regards,

Edwin (NL)

What editor are you using to create your pages?

Kura2

I once had this problem and if I recall correctly any anti-virus or firwall may be your problem as with the issue above with Edwin. I think I may have even removed both then did the addin then re-installed anti-virus and firewall.
    So simply turn off the antivirus and firewall and then try addin. If not successful remove both.

Good luck

[This message was edited by Chickenman on January 21, 2004 at 13:06.]

No problem Edwin. If I can be of further assistance you can email me at cybercec@nt.net but make sure you put in the subject line "WebStyle help"

Take care and happy webStyling !!!

sometimes my webstyle 4 getting crash too, I try to uninstall the add-on for dreamweaver/frontpage from add/remove programs.. so there's no crash again until now.
    I think there's some problems with the add-on, but not sure in others computer.

1. kopieer eerst alles wat je hebt gemaakt naar een folder of een CD.
    2. UNINSTALL webstyle.
    3. Zet je pc uit en start opnieuw.
    4. Haal webstyle opnieuw van download of CD.
    5. schakel alle lopende programma's uit, inclusief je anti virus programma en zorg dat je geen internet verbinding hebt.
    6. installeer webstyle opnieuw vanaf de download bestanden in je pc of vanaf je CD.
    7. Als je een registratie nummer hebt, tik je dat in, maar online registreren doe je pas na opnieuw opstarten.
    8. opnieuw downloaden van de templates doe je na een herstart waarbij je virus bescherming weer is ingeschakeld.
    9. kopieer de bestanden met je werk 1 voor 1 terug in de folders van je opnieuw geinstalleerde webstyle en test telkens of alles nog goed loopt.
    10. Als een teruggekopieerd bestand weer dezelfde problemen geeft, zul je dat helaas moeten wissen. Maar omdat je na elke kopie aktie test of alles loopt, ben je niet alles kwijt.
    11. Hou er rekening mee, dat webstyle beslist niet fout loos is en maak dus heel veel backups.

I use frontpage 2000

regards

Edwin_NL

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif After making 32 pages webstyle crasehs every time I try to save a new webpage. As soon as webstyle emplatescifi shows up Microsoft XP prof. closes the program due to a failure. Saving the webpage in another folder doesn't help. Can somebody please help me ?

regards

Edwin - Netherlands