Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif After making 32 pages webstyle crasehs every time I try to save a new webpage. As soon as webstyle emplatescifi shows up Microsoft XP prof. closes the program due to a failure. Saving the webpage in another folder doesn't help. Can somebody please help me ?

regards

Edwin - Netherlands

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif After making 32 pages webstyle crasehs every time I try to save a new webpage. As soon as webstyle emplatescifi shows up Microsoft XP prof. closes the program due to a failure. Saving the webpage in another folder doesn't help. Can somebody please help me ?

regards

Edwin - Netherlands

Try turning off any anti virus or firewall programs you are using inparticular Norton Anti Virus and Norton Firewall

This is a starting point.

Good luck

Thank you for the tip.

I was really desperate and reinstalled xara webstyle4. Then I ran into the next problem, that I couldn't download the templates I used to create a site (scifi and tobtab). After turning off Norton antivirus it worked. The crash problem remains, when want to save a webpage the program crashes during rendering graphics,at: programfiles/xara/webstyle/scifi/theme/layout

Also saving to another folder doesn't help.

Does somebody have an idea to solve this?

Regards,

Edwin (NL)

1. kopieer eerst alles wat je hebt gemaakt naar een folder of een CD.
    2. UNINSTALL webstyle.
    3. Zet je pc uit en start opnieuw.
    4. Haal webstyle opnieuw van download of CD.
    5. schakel alle lopende programma's uit, inclusief je anti virus programma en zorg dat je geen internet verbinding hebt.
    6. installeer webstyle opnieuw vanaf de download bestanden in je pc of vanaf je CD.
    7. Als je een registratie nummer hebt, tik je dat in, maar online registreren doe je pas na opnieuw opstarten.
    8. opnieuw downloaden van de templates doe je na een herstart waarbij je virus bescherming weer is ingeschakeld.
    9. kopieer de bestanden met je werk 1 voor 1 terug in de folders van je opnieuw geinstalleerde webstyle en test telkens of alles nog goed loopt.
    10. Als een teruggekopieerd bestand weer dezelfde problemen geeft, zul je dat helaas moeten wissen. Maar omdat je na elke kopie aktie test of alles loopt, ben je niet alles kwijt.
    11. Hou er rekening mee, dat webstyle beslist niet fout loos is en maak dus heel veel backups.

What editor are you using to create your pages?

I use frontpage 2000

regards

Edwin_NL

If you try t decifer the message above mine in (I guess German ???) I think whatthat person is trying to say and if I'm reading it right and I'm not sure that I am as I don't speak the language he is saying to

1. uninstall webstyle 4 again
    2. uninstall ANY anti Virus or ANY firewall that you have on your system.
    3. Un-install FP 2000
    4. Re-insatll FP2000
    5. Re-install webstyle 4
    6. Open Webstyle4 and "check for updates" and you sould be able to get that update from Xara.

If that fails I then suggest to to steps 1,2 and 3 then re-install your windows operating system, don't format just re-install and this will replace any missing files that WebStyle 4 may have corrupted.

I had the same problem as you with the program crashing and I did all these this now it works fine but I'm using FP 2003.

Good luck ... WS4 can be very frustrating at times but once you get the hang of it it works just fine, does have its limitations always do a backup of your WebStyle 4 project because if you lose any that have been published and try to do a remote publish to your local host you will lose the templates and then your starting over. I backup my WebStyle project every time I make a changes at days end.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gifI tried all this and now it is working, Thanks to Woudstra an chickenman for their help. I hope the programm stays up and running.

No problem Edwin. If I can be of further assistance you can email me at cybercec@nt.net but make sure you put in the subject line "WebStyle help"

Take care and happy webStyling !!!